Seat Height x 2 Options Needed???

Toni Carrera

Hi All,

Whenever I start a mission, as Pilot, in order to be able to BoreSight the IHADSS, I have to hold down the 'RCTRL+RSHIFT+NumPad 2' for a count of 3, to lower the seat, I then complete the BoreSight, and then have to repeat the seat height raise for a 2 to 3 count so I can get a bulk of the window in my visual frame of reference, with only the EUFD in view at the bottom of the frame, unless of course I look down (TrackIR)

Questions

1. Is this unique to me, or standard practice for all aviators in the AH-64D?

2. If not standard practice, what is wrong with my setup, and how do I correct it. Do I need to change my default view or something, and if so, how?

Thank you

Toni

Edited by Toni Carrera
Added TrackIR reference

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I made myself a special snap view for boresight.

Yes, the default height is little bit higher than the boresight LOS but I guess pilots have different height as well. You can always customize snapviews and default camera views to your liking.

Screen_220428_201949.png

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are using TrackIR, can't you just move your head to the correct height to boresight the IHADSS?

Also, in the patch notes for the patch that came out today, I see:

Fixed: Headtracker aligned to high

I'm not sure if this fixes your issue or not, but have you installed the latest patch?

5 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Also, in the patch notes for the patch that came out today, I see:

> Fixed: Headtracker aligned to high

This is about the diamond symbol you see on the HDU, has nothing to do with setting B/S.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Floyd1212I understand what you mean, unfortunately I can't shrink my neck any lower into my torso than I am already when trying to boresight, plus as mentioned by @Havner you need to be sort of direct LOS in to the boresight in order to be able to see the rings, which I can't do with my start height  in the seat

I have yet to download the new OpenBeta, as since Stable went to .22211, I have been using that. I will download the OpenBeta tonight shortly when I go to bed

@Havner I do have one question, is snap view a toggle, or do you need hold the assigned keys down for the duration of wanting to use the view? I guess also, is there a way to save your default start height, zoom etc etc, so that every time I start in the Pilot Seat of the AH-64D, I am at a consistent start height etc etc from mission to mission?

Thank you all for your time and contributions to this thread

Toni

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

4 minutes ago, Toni Carrera said:

@Havner I do have one question, is snap view a toggle, or do you need hold the assigned keys down for the duration of wanting to use the view? I guess also, is there a way to save your default start height, zoom etc etc, so that every time I start in the Pilot Seat of the AH-64D, I am at a consistent start height etc etc from mission to mission?

By default they are only for the duration of the shortcut, but there are several ways to make them toggles (one possible with only the default shortcuts, but not really convenient, others require some keybinding edits).

About default view points and editing snap view search on the forum, this topic is well described. For a quick view you can hit RALT+NUM0 (nothing will happen, but just do it) and then have a look in Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/SnapViews.lua. Index 13 is the default view point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Havner Thank you

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Snap view to align is a good idea.  Thanks, saves contorting in my chair.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

@Sarge55 Excellent way of describing each mission start routine

• Thanks 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)