No datalink when Tacan is off

JackFlash

Tested this. There seems to be a bug here. But there's more to it:

1) JackFlash, be advised you now have to press the D/L button twice before pressing ON. This is not a bug (or at least it's not likely a bug). The first page is the new ACLS related D/L stuff.

2) D/L (in my test) work as intended, if you enable it from the correct D/L menu.

3) Even if D/L is NOT enabled, you now get D/L contacts if your TACAN is on. This is likely a bug.

• Like 2

Has anybody noticed the ACLS not functioning while in multiplayer? While in a MP mission with several of my squaddies, I have the Link4 set to 275.0 and associated with the Teddy Roosevelt as well as the ACLS, Tacan and ICLS. On start up, Link4 is set to 275.0 and the rest of the D/L is turned on. Upon entering the stack after receiving a clearance, the ACLS page is displayed on the left with the HSI on the right. The test is apparently successful as the ACL 1 message appears. From this point on, the ACLS doesn't seem to be working at all. Never does the DATA message flash on the HUD nor do I see anything following the advisories for airspeed, altitude or Rate of Descent on the ACLS page. These same indications were reported by all the rest of the squad members flying the Hornet. Is this a Multiplayer vs Single player thing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Has anybody noticed the ACLS not functioning while in multiplayer? While in a MP mission with several of my squaddies, I have the Link4 set to 275.0 and associated with the Teddy Roosevelt as well as the ACLS, Tacan and ICLS. On start up, Link4 is set to 275.0 and the rest of the D/L is turned on. Upon entering the stack after receiving a clearance, the ACLS page is displayed on the left with the HSI on the right. The test is apparently successful as the ACL 1 message appears. From this point on, the ACLS doesn't seem to be working at all. Never does the DATA message flash on the HUD nor do I see anything following the advisories for airspeed, altitude or Rate of Descent on the ACLS page. These same indications were reported by all the rest of the squad members flying the Hornet. Is this a Multiplayer vs Single player thing?

I have an issue being looked at over in the supercarrier bug section that sounds an awful lot like what you're describing. If you take that exact mission file and run it in singleplayer rather than multiplayer, does it work?

4 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Yes, it works perfectly in Singleplayer.

Could you make a post in my thread I linked? We might be able to help solve this issue 🙂 Right now we have no idea whats causing it. As of now, you and I are the only ones I see mentioning it

Edited by Damned - Gh0st

On 4/29/2022 at 5:43 AM, AG-51_Razor said:

I think you should start a new topic. This is related to a different bug.

• Like 1

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The real F/A-18 flight manual can be found online without any(!) efford. The answer to that whole question is readily available.

I am not gonna post it because I read, that sometimes people have "issues" with that, because they think that document is classified (which it probably isn`t).

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

17 minutes ago, Phantom711 said:

The real F/A-18 flight manual can be found online without any(!) efford. The answer to that whole question is readily available.

I am not gonna post it because I read, that sometimes people have "issues" with that, because they think that document is classified (which it probably isn`t).

Are you referring to the DL being transmitted via Tacan? That might be the case, but even with DL turned of and the Tacan is on, we see DL contacts. That’s probably not the correct behavior. 

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

1 hour ago, Phantom711 said:

The amount of effort required to find a document says nothing about the ability to share it. The NFM-000 may not be classified material, but you need to check the Distribution Statement on the cover.

As far as TCN/DL, I know it's been mentioned before that both systems are integrated into the same terminal. The prevailing question being how each system is powered/enabled.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team

I checked internally, I did not see TACAN turning the SA page blank, I will test in release versions perhaps its something already addressed.

Edit: further testing I can seem to confuse it to the point the DL doesnt shut off the contacts, but the TACAN does, so will look deeper.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

10 hours ago, Tholozor said:

The amount of effort required to find a document says nothing about the ability to share it. The NFM-000 may not be classified material, but you need to check the Distribution Statement on the cover.

As far as TCN/DL, I know it's been mentioned before that both systems are integrated into the same terminal. The prevailing question being how each system is powered/enabled.

I think that behaviour is described by Mo in the post I linked

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2