What's going on Mr George from apache?

sanc2775

Or is me or is George? Mr George stay like stupid when I give to him a command to fire   and just answer me engaging, engaging fire, fire  lol is very frustrated  to have the enemies in your lock like target and this dumb guy doesn't open fire as you require to him,  I thought in the last patch this issue could be fixed but not this guy still telling me the same stupid answer I follow or the process first, but Mr George still act like stupid.

It could be a LOS issue, but we would need a screenshot or track file to judge.

Tonight I had him lock a target that was just the other side of a mountain peak - I don't know why he even locked the target, but he wouldn't fire the missile because he couldn't see him - despite saying "engaging".

Did you have the VID page up so you could see whether he actually had LOS?

George is definitely finicky, but he does usually have some reason for not firing.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

4 hours ago, sanc2775 said:

Or is me or is George? Mr George stay like stupid when I give to him a command to fire   and just answer me engaging, engaging fire, fire  lol is very frustrated  to have the enemies in your lock like target and this dumb guy doesn't open fire as you require to him,  I thought in the last patch this issue could be fixed but not this guy still telling me the same stupid answer I follow or the process first, but Mr George still act like stupid.

I am finding this issue now myself as I go through the Apache learning process. Quite frustrating. I posted on it in my training missions thread.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

using the VID page on TADS helps know what George is doing!

The thing that annoys me is every time you ask George to "target" short up. He says "slaving/deslaving" then "lased and stored" even tho 90% of the time there is nothing there. Hopefully ED can get the voice-overs fixed up and working correctly.

Currently the Apache is a real handful when flying SP and relying on George as he needs his hand held (and then some) to accomplish anything. Its still fun and I cant wait for future developement

• Like 2

Yeah, watch the TADS video in the pilot seat and it will be clearer what he is targeting or not or what the problem is. If he stores, it's because he doesn't have a firing solution - the target may be behind a tree for example. Also, he is not actually storing anything (there is no T01, T02 from him if you check the Coord page) although he says it but this may be implemented later on. I play only SP and George is usable with practice but could of course be improved. 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

another tip I found was to put the vid on the right MFD and TSD on the left, that way if you get a master caution (pull the guts out of the rotor or over speed it) the left MFD jumps to the engine page automatically and you dont loose sight of what george is up to and you can flick back to TSD at your leisure

Edited by spikenet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OldIronsides said:

Playing single player in this copter not worth the headache until George is fixed. 

I agree 75%... the other 25% you can spend letting George do menial tasks like hover in place while you learn how to use the gunner seat and learn stuff here and there.

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 4/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, OldIronsides said:

Playing single player in this copter not worth the headache until George is fixed. 

No, you just need be creative. I'll start-up in the pilot's seat but fly (yes fly, not hand over to George) from the CPG seat. All I use George for is to hold me in a hover, that's it. He can manage that Ok, much better than his half-brother Petrovitch.

I wasn't really enjoying the Apache in single player (which is the only way I play) much, until I started just flying the missions in the CPG seat. No, it's not as effective as multiplayer multicrew... but I don't think it will ever be with George AI. And no, it's not how it's done in the RW (but neither is 'single player' with AI anyway... 😉 ). Id also suggest turning off the auto-handoff to AI feature if you give this a try; makes it a lot easier to swap seats without George screwing up your control settings.

Give it a try, might make it more enjoyable for you as well.

• Like 2

Am 29.4.2022 um 03:41 schrieb H0RN9T_:

maybe you are talking about "engaging" or "not ready" bug , i dont know if they fixed it today.

FYI, in the TADS video you can see "MSL NOT RDY" all the time. even when the missile (Hellfire) is not rdy, GeorgeAI will say "engaging" atm but cant, because...well... the missile is not rdy.

To see what is happening you can try to switch to the CPG and look at the WPN page. I guess GeorgeAI might have put the hellfires to RF instead of SAL or there is a hung store or a missing hellfire on the wing (there are already multiple threads about this error).

For hellfires you can WAS missiles as pilot as soon as GeorgeAI is lasing the target and engage it yourself with weapons trigger (dont forget the trigger guard!).

K

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wired521 said:

No, you just need be creative. I'll start-up in the pilot's seat but fly (yes fly, not hand over to George) from the CPG seat. All I use George for is to hold me in a hover, that's it. He can manage that Ok...

Likewise here, SP only with auto-handoff turned off. Was mostly flying as CPG at first. But now I toggle between both after I realised I could also fire HFs as Pilot. Flying as Pilot with AI CPG, it's very doable with labels on and the command circle after you get used to it. Would be better if George could IFF and not put friendlies in his list.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

5 hours ago, Kharrn said:

FYI, in the TADS video you can see "MSL NOT RDY" all the time. even when the missile (Hellfire) is not rdy, GeorgeAI will say "engaging" atm but cant, because...well... the missile is not rdy.

To see what is happening you can try to switch to the CPG and look at the WPN page. I guess GeorgeAI might have put the hellfires to RF instead of SAL or there is a hung store or a missing hellfire on the wing (there are already multiple threads about this error).

For hellfires you can WAS missiles as pilot as soon as GeorgeAI is lasing the target and engage it yourself with weapons trigger (dont forget the trigger guard!).

K

No, I cant switch seat cuz i play only MP and i cant fire hellfires by myself cuz missile is not ready 😛  and yesterday i had same problem but this time with gun, stable flight (attitude hold, range 2000) and I hear only "engaging..." .

George has GREATLY improved in the last open beta patch.

He tracks moving targets very well now, and he actually uses the FOV on the TADS, so you can see what he’s doing. This also allows you to assess when you have LOS for a shot, so have him slave, and move the aircraft until you can be sure you have a clear shot before giving him consent. This for me solved 90% of the frustrations people have identified in this thread.

I had a great session yesterday using him as CPG, attacking targets in dense urban areas. I’d just move the aircraft and watch the TADS until the street was lined up just right, then roll out and give him consent. Challenging but very doable.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2