Question about Radiator Coolant and Oil open binding

Buckly

Search around and asked a few players (They just use the mouse to set them to open to avoid overheating). Is there a way to bind the Open Radiator Coolant and Open Radiator Oil so that I dont have to hold down the button? Is there a way to cycle it so that it doesnt snap back into the neutral position? Is it because of the rotary switch maybe?  Would love to bind it to my HOTAS but not have to hold down the button .

Thanks, sorry if I missed a post on this

It depends on the HOTAS, I guess. In the Warthog there's no problem in using a toggle switch (fixed positions) instead of momentary switches which you must hold. If you have one of those spare just use that.

The switches in cockpit are like that because the real thing IS like that, a momentary switch for you to hold.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

@BucklyWell, you can exploit a bug introduced with 2.7 that makes oil cooler switch stuck in open position if you left-click it in certain way and thus you don't have to hold it.

The bug doesn't seem to affect radiator switch, though, but 50% of what you ask for is better than nothing, right? 😉

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this topic after experiencing the strange behaviors of these toggles. You can click them with the mouse - and they stay in Open or Close position. But using keybinds or joystick buttons they return to neutral after release, which is inconsistent with cockpit clicking. Auto shortcuts works fine.

TF-51D seems to have multiple keyboard/button bugs when not clicking with the mouse, this seems to be one of them.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube