MIDS gone?

Devastator
Go to solution Solved by Mikaa,

Jumping on this thread rather than creating a new one. I think the question is related or at least related to the new implementation of the D/L settings that came with the ACL.

- Previously, just turning on D/L would get you datalinked contacts with other flight members on the SA page. Last night in a Multiplayer flight, we could no longer see each other.  Is there some additional setup needed now on the D/L MIDS menu?

- Possibly we didn't setup the SENSORS subpage of the SA to enable LINK4, but it seemed automatic before and when I jumped into a Single Mission it was all set up. (We did Hot Starts) Was this changed?

Thanks!!

27 minutes ago, Recluse said:

Jumping on this thread rather than creating a new one. I think the question is related or at least related to the new implementation of the D/L settings that came with the ACL.

- Previously, just turning on D/L would get you datalinked contacts with other flight members on the SA page. Last night in a Multiplayer flight, we could no longer see each other.  Is there some additional setup needed now on the D/L MIDS menu?

- Possibly we didn't setup the SENSORS subpage of the SA to enable LINK4, but it seemed automatic before and when I jumped into a Single Mission it was all set up. (We did Hot Starts) Was this changed?

Thanks!!

You first need to get to the D/L MIDS menu, which now requires double tapping on the D/L button. Then hit the ON/OFF button as you're used to, to enable LINK-16/MIDS DL.

This change is incredibly poorly documented and causes a lot of confusion @BIGNEWY @NineLine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

You first need to get to the D/L MIDS menu, which now requires double tapping on the D/L button. Then hit the ON/OFF button as you're used to, to enable LINK-16/MIDS DL.

This change is incredibly poorly documented and causes a lot of confusion @BIGNEWY @NineLine.

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.  I just tried it in Single Player and this is the case.

Edited by Recluse