How i Shak in DCS AH64D at the moment.. i am stilly nooby... lol

hannibal

Those grips looks amazing! Surprised with all that nice hardware your running the old saitek combat pedals! Mine are so difficult to be precise compared to premium offerings 🙂

I didnt notice but how are you controlling george ?

Overall looks like an epic experience you have there! 😍

1 hour ago, spikenet said:

Those grips looks amazing! Surprised with all that nice hardware your running the old saitek combat pedals! Mine are so difficult to be precise compared to premium offerings 🙂

I didnt notice but how are you controlling george ?

Overall looks like an epic experience you have there! 😍

im not crazy about the saitek pedals.. but they have toe brakes, and weigh half of what mfg crosswinds.

i might just go back to the vkb -rudder pedals, those are more precise.

thanks for words!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

vor 14 Stunden schrieb pii:

"shak" is commonly used for a miss. Especially if it was considered an easy shot.

please provide reference. but i guess just trolling.... sad [apologize, this was immature behaviour]

See this post

Edited by Kharrn
immature behaviour

3 hours ago, Kharrn said:

Please provide reference. but i guess just trolling.... sad

Now who is trolling!

If you never heard the term before too bad as it is common in the USA , at least, when you miss an easy shot, the OP used it also.  Have you never played a sport in your life?  gez talk about sad. 

Well, I didn't watch the video until the end, so I Don't know what OP said when. 
But in every other DCS video I've seen people say "shack" when they hit a target. 
So what is it? "Shak" or "Shack"? Or are both used with totally different meanings?  

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb pii:

Now who is trolling!

If you never heard the term before too bad as it is common in the USA , at least, when you miss an easy shot, the OP used it also.  Have you never played a sport in your life?  gez talk about sad. 

I want to apologize for my immature behaviour in calling you trolling, see my PN.

Just to clarify or prevent misunderstanding:

In my response, i was referring to Sarge55`s question about the term "shak" and Floyd1212`s response. Because i was interested in the origin of the term, i looked for it and found that interesting post i linked in my answer. I am not from the USA and english is not my native language. I never heard of the term in sports and i could not look it up by a google search, though i am willing to learn! 🙂

vor 9 Stunden schrieb MAXsenna:

Well, I didn't watch the video until the end, so I Don know what OP said when. 

But in every other DCS video I've seen people say "shack" when they hit a target. 

So what is it? "Shak" or "Shack"? Or are both used with totally different meanings? 🤔 

Like i linked before, in those phrases "shack" seems to be used as dead center hit on target (like bullseye) or for modern bomber guys or targeteers: "zero CEP" 😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_error_probable

But i dont know how the OP meant the term "Shak" in the topic of this thread.... 🤷‍♂️

Greetings

K

• Like 2

Like i linked before, in those phrases "shack" seems to be used as dead center hit on target (like bullseye) or for modern bomber guys or targeteers: "zero CEP"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_error_probable

But i dont know how the OP meant the term "Shak" in the topic of this thread....
Greetings
K
Hehe, thanks for the link. I was being sarcastic. This was not aimed at you in anyway, as I was always under the impression of what it actually means. Reminds me of "Shaq attack", though the Americans I went to school overseas with, called it "swish" when we netted the ball without touching the rim. Never heard "shak" ever. And like I said, quite a few famous DCS YTers say "shack" when they hit a target, not miss it.
I wouldn't be too worried when an American tries to teach you anything in sports. For some reason they run around with the ball in their arms and call it "football", while calling the most popular sport in the world "soccer". WTH is that?
Anyway, in case this last part is misunderstood. I'm joking!
I love Americans and the United States. One of the best times I've had in my life was at Karachi American School and all the people I met there, and all the times I've actually been to the States.
Cheers everyone!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kharrn said:

I never heard of the term in sports and i could not look it up by a google search, though i am willing to learn! 🙂

That probably because its "slang" and not a real word (kind of) 

We've already hashed this out in DM and I'm good so lets move forward shall we? 

lol It looks like I forgot to send my reply to your DM,. Sent:)

Edited by pii
  • Like 1