DCS Open Beta don't launch since last update (no error, no message, no crash, just not launching).

Mav783

Hello 🙂

Since the last update today DCS refuse to launch (no crash), i click on the usual "DCS Open Beta" exe, then the update run and finish.

The lauching screen appear, i wait as usual...And then it desapear but the game don't launch as it do habitualy. Theire is no message, no error, it just refuse to launch... It's not crashing ! It just don't launch after the small loading screen.

I tried all this :

- Restarting computer.

- Uninstalled all mods (in all folders where they can be installed, mean in DCS Mods, CoreMods, Mod, and user folder Mods).

- Nvidia drivers update check (it was up to date).

- Deleated FXO and metashaders2 folders in user file.

- Process a full repear of DCS with full options with sucess.

-Launching DC in administrator mod.

- Full screen optimisation ON/OFF in propriety

Don't know what to do, next step is to uninstall all and reinstall but before that i try to ask for help here.
Thanks in advance 

++

Edited by Mav783

• Mav783 changed the title to DCS Open Beta don't launch since last update (no error, no message, no crash, just not launching).

Does it generate a dcs.log file at /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs/  ?  ... if so, please attach to look for clues.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

10 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Does it generate a dcs.log file at /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs/  ?  ... if so, please attach to look for clues.

No because the game don't crash or don't react. It just does not launch after loading :s So i can not generate a dcs.log or .crash

Edited by Mav783

Just now, Mav783 said:

No because the game don't crash. It just does not launch after loading :s

OK, have you checked your antivirus logs to be sure it is not interfering with DCS?   Do you use Windows 10 or 11?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 minutes ago, Masterofzen said:

It appears the only "error" that I can find is a loadout issue with the MiG-19P.

Actually, you have a lot of user Mods installed, any one of them might have broken with the new DcS version … disable your Mods and check if DCS works without them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

OK, have you checked your antivirus logs to be sure it is not interfering with DCS?   Do you use Windows 10 or 11?

Thank for your support 🙂

I don't have any anti-virus but your idea made me try to cut off the security of W11 (but with no success, it was looking like possible). I'm using Windows 11 and didn't have issue before since a long, but maybe W11 is not the best idea to run the OB :s
Still impossible to generate any log or error files, it seem like the .exe launch only the loading screen. Then it load the game. But it don't continue and launch DCS at the moment it need to open and enter full screen. The icon desapear and nothing happen XD I tryed also to change the .exe icon. 

Edited by Mav783

I have done everything that Mav783, Masterofzen have done. I to, am experiencing exactly the same disconnect after I launch OpenBeta after the latest update was download today. I have my log attached. I did the cleanup and repair twice, removed all non OEM folders, downloaded  updated Microsoft Visual for Windows 10, C++ (2015-2022). Launch, small DCS screen starts then disappears. Please advise. I am bitting at the bit to try the newest F-18 ACLS, deck crew, wands, etc. Greatly appreciate any direction for a resolution. Thank You.

Logs.rar

There seems to be an issue during the device init sequence. Probably something that has to do with your force feedback joystick or maybe your head tracking device. Unplug these and try to run the game. Does it work?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

There seems to be an issue during the device init sequence. Probably something that has to do with your force feedback joystick or maybe your head tracking device. Unplug these and try to run the game. Does it work?

The game work with the headtracker device unplug. It seems that the problem comes from my side.

Thanks for the help.

4 hours ago, Leadbottom said:

Check to see if you have the VSN_F105 aircraft mod installed.  I had the same issue that is being reported and when I removed the mod, everything worked perfectly. The mod is located in Saved Games > DCS.openbeta > Mods > aircraft folder.

yes - another big thank you - it was the  F-105 MOD for me as well. Now removed and game launches fine

I have no mods installed, no VSN 105 or 104. Unpluging the Track IR does not work (i also did try it before, this issue happen sometimes since long). Have no FFB hardware. And if it was that, the issue would be worser, i need my headtracking 😄 (but i guess u can plug it back when the game run ?).

I think i will reinstall the game 😉 I wanted to try some fix that i didn't have the time to test before (hi Flappie XD).

I think a clean reinstall will fix all that ! 🙂

I just need to wait little, my fiber line is under maintenance and i'm running internet with a poor 4G for 3/4 days more XD

Edited by Mav783

The most recent DCS.log (zipped ?) file i have is old one month ago : 28/03/2022. But i can attach my last DCS.log that appear to be a .TXT ! It's attached here 😉 I think it is that.

I deleated the all Saved Games files (before to save it on an other hard disk) XD I also uninstalled Reshade and SRS. 

After i deleated all my saved files, and re-login, a popup said i don't have autorization to use all the modules i did try this year. Why this message ? Certainly becausethose modules are still installed but not activated (wich normally is not a problem because DCS was working like that the all year), i will try now to uninstall them manualy ! (but don't seem to be the issue).

dcs.log

Edited by Mav783

That's the one.

We can see the game stops loading right before it can read the options.lua file. It's as if it doesn't know where to look for it. Do you have a dcs_variant.txt file at the root of your DCS main folder? If so, delete it and retry to run the game.

Then tell us if a new "Saved Games/DCS..." folder was created.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

24 minutes ago, Flappie said:

That's the one.

We can see the game stops loading right before it can read the options.lua file. It's as if it doesn't know where to look for it. Do you have a dcs_variant.txt file at the root of your DCS main folder? If so, delete it and retry to run the game.

Then tell us if a new "Saved Games/DCS..." folder was created.

Yes i had this file and deleated it. Then i try to launch the game but it does not want to.

But yes i did creat a new Savec Games folder. Two in fact... a "DCS.openbeta" and a "DCS" (only)...

But you know, i have others minor issue and i think i will unstall DCS en reintsall it all properly, it will not be a bad thing 😄

Hello, i have the same problem. After update DCS dont start. I have deletet the dcs_variant.txt file and now i have "Authorization failed" for one Modul the M2000 that i have installed for "FREE TEST" and DCS dont start.

The log file was befor i deletet the dcs_variant.txt

dcs.log

Edited by MarcinCh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to say i'm reintsalling now, and i hope (and think) it will be ok. Just in case it is maybe interesting, i succeded to access the game in offline mode without login.

I deleated the user folder entirely, then launched DCS, at the moment i needed to login, i canceled (click on cancel), and it launched the game offline ! (but for sure, with only the free content of the game and with no user preferences). Maybe it can help.

Anyway, i process a clean install now and i think it will be better. I did install too much stuff and try too much things, modification, etc, i think it was a need anyway XD

24 minutes ago, Mav783 said:

I deleated the user folder entirely

why, why? 😂 ... you could just have renamed it, say to /saved games/dcs.BAK/  ... that way you could later have recovered some items .. for example your Campaign progress status and your Logbooks,  are stored at /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/  ... your control bindings are at /Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input  ... etc.

Anyway, hopefully you will get rid of this bug and be flying DCS again soon 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1