DCS Open Beta don't launch since last update (no error, no message, no crash, just not launching).

Mav783

Just to say i'm reintsalling now, and i hope (and think) it will be ok. Just in case it is maybe interesting, i succeded to access the game in offline mode without login.
I deleated the user folder entirely, then launched DCS, at the moment i needed to login, i canceled (click on cancel), and it launched the game offline ! (but for sure, with only the free content of the game and with no user preferences). Maybe it can help.
Anyway, i process a clean install now and i think it will be better. I did install too much stuff and try too much things, modification, etc, i think it was a need anyway XD
I really hope you fix this, but a full repair like Flappie suggested would have saved you some time. A repair is a repair. It resets the core files, so in-re-installations are redundant.
They won't fix errors in the Saved Games, but like Rudel says, you could just ha e renamed that.
I'm only posting this for future problems for other users.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

RE The VSN F-105 causing DCS not to start post the recent update from this week: 

For me it is not just the VSN F-105. I removed it and DCS still isnt starting so I am going to remove all of my VSN MOD aircraft.....  AND ALL OTHERS and add one at a time and test.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

@MarcinCh You should try a DCS repair: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/#2463807

Choose "slow" mode.

Hello, thanks!

I have done cleanup and than repair. But the same problem. I have unnamed the DCS_openbeta to DCS_openbeta_BAK folder in savegame. And DCS create now a folder named "DCS" no "DCS_openbeta" and inside are 2 two folder. config (with tree files) and log. the log file is from this folder.

Log_repair:

00000.103 INFO : branch: openbeta
00000.104 INFO : Showing the repair mode dialog
00003.548 STATUS: Downloading version info...
00006.860 STATUS: Verifying installed files...
00512.073 INFO : 0 files are changed or missing.
00514.055 STATUS: Preparing download...
00514.058 STATUS: Scanning existing files...
00514.059 INFO : To download: 0 bytes in 0 files
00514.060 STATUS: Searching for local copies...
00514.061 INFO : Found 0 local source(s).
00514.062 INFO : To download: 0 bytes in 0 files
00514.145 STATUS: Removing obsolete files...
00514.378 INFO : Removed 0 files.
00514.903 INFO : Kept 81503 files.
00514.903 INFO : Nothing to install.
00514.929 STATUS: Installing runtimes...
00515.609 INFO : distr/vc_redist.x64.exe succeeded with code 1638
00515.710 STATUS: Cleaning up...
00516.349 STATUS: Successfully repaired version 2.7.12.23362@openbeta
00518.940 === Log closed.

dcs.log

Edited by MarcinCh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

why, why? 😂 ... you could just have renamed it, say to /saved games/dcs.BAK/  ... that way you could later have recovered some items .. for example your Campaign progress status and your Logbooks,  are stored at /Saved Games/DCS/MissionEditor/  ... your control bindings are at /Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input  ... etc.

Anyway, hopefully you will get rid of this bug and be flying DCS again soon 👍

Hihi 😅 Don't be worried, but that kind from you and thanks for your help also 🙂

I tried to rename it before, and then deleate it before reintsall, deleate all mods in all folders, i made a DCS repair (full option, long) 3 times, and so much others stuffs. DCS was only launching offline. But be sure i saved all my Inputs (especialy inputs 😅), my missions, my _Mods and my kneeboards before ! 😄 (hopfully,because all that inputs will take months to make again lol).

I think my DCS was unstable anyway (i had others issues before this one) and too much modified, with some mods that are not installed as others mods (SRS and Reshade old version and some others stuff like this that was not up to date and could generate such issues). A clean reinstall was maybe not a bad idea. But i can not try DCS now (today) 😞 keep u updated when i can ! 🙂

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 12:56 AM, Leadbottom said:

Check to see if you have the VSN_F105 aircraft mod installed.  I had the same issue that is being reported and when I removed the mod, everything worked perfectly. The mod is located in Saved Games > DCS.openbeta > Mods > aircraft folder.

You rock! Thank you!

• Like 1

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

I'm back.
So, i reinstalled DCS, with only 1 module first (because i d'ont have time to download now all my modules, i will do that when time come to sleep XD).

And DCS launch nicely now ! 🙂 But no mods are installed. After all my official modules i will install my _Mods, Reshade, SRS, all my kneeboards en put back my binds...And than i will keep you updated if it is still working or not. But i seem that a reinstall made the job ! 🙂 Confirming with you later after modding the game.

See you.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Thanks for your feedback, @Mav783.

Another user says the problem comes as soon as the Super Carrier module is installed. Could you try that, please?

I d'ont have SuperCarrier, but i did try it last year, can not remember if i desactivated it or unstalled it...But i will see if i can try it again ! 🙂 And will keep you updated if it affect me or not (im downloading now my modules before to touch anything else ;)).

Edited by Mav783

I also thought it stopped working, but with first load after update and cleaning metasheders next creating/working with first lunch used over 87GB of memory (custom page file set to 45GB). It need 2-3 attempts (every time about 5min total freeze, even mouse cursor freeze). But after metashaders once completly compiled its loading MP servers normally.

Edited by TylerPL666

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Just some news, DCS was launching with no modules (official) installed. I installed almost all my modules and now it does not launch no more !
So, i will step by step install all my module to the moment DCS refuse to launch. To know what module is having an issue with me (adn then why maybe). After, it don't explain why this issue happen with some and not others 

In investigation ! XD  See u.

Ok i found ! @Flappie, i suspected the same folder than MudMover with the SuperCarrier. So i goes at F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech and deleated Combined Arms (the folder) !

And it work ! DCS Launch with every other modules. (but now i can not find nomore CA in my modules manager :s)

But why it refuse to launch ? I d'ont know. And why this issue with some users and not all ? I don't know XD (but i would love to).

But it's ok now 😉

PS If i can help or try manipulation you think about to help you find the source of this issue, just ask me i will when i can ! 🙂

Edited by Mav783
  • Thanks 1

Great! Some progress, at last.

This sounds logical because the last thing that loads successfully in your log is "jsAvionics.dll". In my log, these come next:

2022-04-30 20:33:59.761 INFO    EDCORE: Loaded E:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/tech/CombinedArms/bin/GroundCockpitBase.dll
2022-04-30 20:34:00.205 INFO    EDCORE: Loaded E:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/tech/CombinedArms/bin/CombinedArms.dll
2022-04-30 20:34:00.843 INFO    EDCORE: Loaded E:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/tech/Supercarrier/bin/edSupercarrier.dll

I'll ask some help from devs on this one.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

8 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@MarcinCh Do you have CombinedArms or SuperCarrier installed (or both)? If so, could you please try to delete one of them from your "./DCS World.../Mods/tech/" folder?

So i have installed the Stable Version and it Run fine with all Modules, SuperCarrier incl. I have started the Training Mission for the F14 on SuperCarrier. Its worked. Than i updatet the Stable to OpenBeta and again the same Problem. DCS is starting and then killing itself. Than i deletet the SuperCarrier from the mod folder and no changes. Again DCS killing itself. Now i am switching back to > DCS_updater.exe update @release. and will loock. Download 9GB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Great! Some progress, at last.

This sounds logical because the last thing that loads successfully in your log is "jsAvionics.dll". In my log, these come next:

2022-04-30 20:33:59.761 INFO    EDCORE: Loaded E:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/tech/CombinedArms/bin/GroundCockpitBase.dll
2022-04-30 20:34:00.205 INFO    EDCORE: Loaded E:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/tech/CombinedArms/bin/CombinedArms.dll
2022-04-30 20:34:00.843 INFO    EDCORE: Loaded E:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/tech/Supercarrier/bin/edSupercarrier.dll

I'll ask some help from devs on this one.

Yes it is this file (CombinedArms.dll) for my case ! I deleated the all "Combined Arms" folder from "/DCS World Open Beta/Mods/tech/". And DCS launch well.

Then i did put it back again (to see), as expected DCS refused to launch. Ok. Then I deleated ONLY this file "CombinedArms.dll"...And DCS launched nicely ! (but i got a pop-up that say Combined Arms will not be autorized and will be disabeled, obviously) 😉

Edited by Mav783

On 4/29/2022 at 7:06 PM, F1GHTS-ON said:

yes - another big thank you - it was the  F-105 MOD for me as well. Now removed and game launches fine

I had exactly the same problem after the latest open beta update ... DCS refusing to start   deleted the VSN F 105 .... DCS now starts fine ... such a great community this one  THANKYOU one and all 

• Like 1

OK, third clean installation of the day.
This time I did nothing. Just after installation I launched once with my log in.
Did nothing, close, re-launch = CTD !

"Saved game" folder is brand new, 0 mod, 0 module installed, Windows 10 is up to date, GPU drivers are up to date.

dcs.log-20220502-124756.zip

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

3 hours ago, jojo said:

OK, third clean installation of the day.
This time I did nothing. Just after installation I launched once with my log in.
Did nothing, close, re-launch = CTD !

"Saved game" folder is brand new, 0 mod, 0 module installed, Windows 10 is up to date, GPU drivers are up to date.

dcs.log-20220502-124756.zip 135.57 kB · 0 downloads

I think your issue is different, cause you're having the "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" kind of crash.

Try this:

1. Uninstall your graphics driver.
  2. Install a fresh graphics driver.
1 hour ago, Coxy_99 said:

Clean install, Repaired, GPU drivers updated and still crashing. Would be nice for a reply on this issue.

Without a dcs.log file to read, we can't do much. Please attach one showing the crash.

Here's a small sum up of this thread:

VSN- F-104 mod related crash (fixed by removing the mod)

• Leadbottom
  • allen6090
  • F1GHTS-ON
  • Wolf359
  • phoenix456
  • Masterofzen

Headtracker related crash ("workarounded" by unplugging headtracker)

• Shadok

Unexplained crash (unexplainably solved)

• TylerPL666

DCS loading stops (remove MAM 1.7 mod)

• Red Dog

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error - not solved

• jojo

Log ending with "jsAvionics.dll" loading - not solved (I'll ask a moderator to move related posts to MudMover's thread, or whatever - communication will be easier this way)

• Mav783
  • MarcinCh
  • oldpop

No dcs.log provided yet:

• ElvisDaKang
  • Coxy_99

Edited by Flappie