DCS Open Beta don't launch since last update (no error, no message, no crash, just not launching).

Mav783

My friend also has this problem. 
The same problem on open beta. Updated GPU driver and Win10, got rid of all mods and did a clean install but it's still going. I can fly with free Su-25T and TF-51 fine but when I try to hop into another aircraft it crashes back to desktop. I also removed CA and only have F-16C installed right now but can't get into the cockpit.

dcs (2).log

1 hour ago, vtaf_archer said:

I can fly with free Su-25T and TF-51 fine but when I try to hop into another aircraft it crashes back to desktop.

It would mean the crash is licence-related, since the Su-25T and TF-51 are the only free aircraft. But then why only a few people are affected?

Do you guys use a common software? Could you please all run the following command then attach the resulting file? (@Mav783, @MarcinCh, @oldpop and @vtaf_archer)

tasklist > Documents/processlist.txt

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

18 minutes ago, Flappie said:

It would mean the crash is licence-related, since the Su-25T and TF-51 are the only free aircraft. But then why only a few people are affected?

Do you guys use a common software? Could you please all run the following command then attach the resulting file? (@Mav783, @MarcinCh, @oldpop and @vtaf_archer)

Here you go

processlist.txt

20 hours ago, Flappie said:

here

processlist.txt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks gents. I carefully compared your process lists and I didn't find anything. 😐

I hope ED support will soon find what causes your crash because I'm lost here.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Thanks gents. I carefully compared your process lists and I didn't find anything. 😐

Thanks too for your help!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did a lot (😬) of testing today~uninstalled and cleared all Beta files, fresh in stall on a different drive.  ran as ADMIN, did not install any,  mods, flew the TF 51 no problem, installed the FA 18 as an AI, no problem. changed to "player" CTD!!! seems to be a problem when "player selected"  where can I find a "error log" wit the sim on a extra drive???

autoupdate_log.txt dcs_variant.txt

On 5/3/2022 at 12:01 AM, vtaf_archer said:

My friend also has this problem. 
The same problem on open beta. Updated GPU driver and Win10, got rid of all mods and did a clean install but it's still going. I can fly with free Su-25T and TF-51 fine but when I try to hop into another aircraft it crashes back to desktop. I also removed CA and only have F-16C installed right now but can't get into the cockpit.

dcs (2).log 30.16 kB · 10 downloads

We fixed this by fresh windows installation. Tried every other method but none of them did not do anything, so if you guys can not fix, have the fresh windows install as a plan B.

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

No that was kind from you to help 🙂 Thanks you that you helped us to detect file that cause the issue, we can now play better than nothing 😄 

6 hours ago, oldpop said:

did a lot (😬) of testing today~uninstalled and cleared all Beta files, fresh in stall on a different drive.  ran as ADMIN, did not install any,  mods, flew the TF 51 no problem, installed the FA 18 as an AI, no problem. changed to "player" CTD!!! seems to be a problem when "player selected"  where can I find a "error log" wit the sim on a extra drive???

autoupdate_log.txt 235.33 kB · 0 downloads dcs_variant.txt 8 B · 0 downloads

Your dcs.log file should be located in C:/Users/***/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs.

4 hours ago, vtaf_archer said:

We fixed this by fresh windows installation. Tried every other method but none of them did not do anything, so if you guys can not fix, have the fresh windows install as a plan B.

Really? Wow, that's good news but I really don't understand this issue.

To the others: take a look at Windows Event Manager. You'll find a System and an Apps category there. Do you see any message at the time DCS crashes? If so, it might contain indications about what's wrong.

Game crashes with no warning after updated to 2.7.12.23362, splash screen just disappears

Remove and Reinstalled whole DCS openbeta and then entered the main menu smoothly, after downloaded Combined Arms, Super Carrier, Syrian Map, Nevada Map, Mariana Map, Persian Gulf Map, Flaming Cliffs and JF-17,  The crash problem shows again, log is showing no error or strange things

dcs.log

Edited by current

Just updated to the latest patch and the minute after DCS doesn't start, it just vanishes after the DCS logo screen

Logs says

2022-05-06 06:09:39.994 ALERT   Dispatcher: Error running db_scan: ?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'CLSID' (a nil value)
2022-05-06 06:09:39.994 INFO    APP: application shutdown

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

On 5/2/2022 at 8:28 PM, Flappie said:

I think your issue is different, cause you're having the "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" kind of crash.

Try this:

1. Uninstall your graphics driver.
  2. Install a fresh graphics driver.

Without a dcs.log file to read, we can't do much. Please attach one showing the crash.

Thanks.

I found it by myself and it was indeed graphics drivers, I had to do a clean installation of Nvidia drivers. Since then problem is solved. 👍🏻

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error : SOLVED

After solving this problem I received a new GC. Now I’m trying to figure out why going from GTX 1080ti to RTX 3080 doesn’t improve fps with same settings on HP Reverb G2 ? (I7-7700K, 64Go RAM DDR-4 3200, Windows on M2 SSD and DCS on another SSD).

GPU isn’t maxed out, CPU cores aren’t maxed out, RAM isn’t, single player missions with low number of units. The only thing maxed out is VRAM on RTX 3080.

Edited by jojo
  • Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• ED Team

I ask all users in this thread who have crashed the game version 2.7.12.23362, send debug dcs.log, dxdiag report and Windows event log in *.evtx format.
Debug dcs.log:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/support_ticket/#3319432
Dxdiag:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/support_ticket/#3319434
In the Windows event log, please apply the "Critical" and "Error" filter for the Application and System tabs. Then save both files in *.evtx format

hello, i have done a fresh win10 install and DCS OpenBeta now is working. Why? i dont know. Why i did fresh install? because i have problems with steam Friend Network and i cant install new nvidia drivers. the isues was the same ac dcs the nvidia setup starts and has killed itself. that mean for me that my win10 was something broken. greatings!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Windows refresh worked for me, just be for warned it says that it saves all your files well it saves most of your files. It removed my anti virus, note pad ++, track IR, and probably some more things I haven't noticed yet so be prepared.

• Thanks 1