AI don't respond to comms Mission 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:15 PM, jaylw314 said:

Already sort of reported, but just to reiterate, I could not get the AI wingman to respond on 251.000 or ATC to respond on 133.00.  Just silence after making my calls, but landing still allowed the mission to proceed

I apologize for not responding sooner as I didn't see your post until just now. I'm not sure what you want the Wingman to respond too. She acknowledges your order to go Trail and then you are prompted to order her to go Trail.

Also, the ATC call is via the F10 Menu system in DCS World. I have no control over that. The Kobuleti ATC should be responding to your call for Inbound. I just tried the mission and the ATC responded appropriately for me.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:01 AM, CH4Pz said:

Exact same issue, no radios at all in mission 1. tried atc on the suggested 289.5 (or what ever freq it suggests) and also tried on 133, wingman never replied on all 3 freqs either

Again, I'm sorry for not responding earlier. The ATC calls are via the F10 Menu and are a product of DCS World and I have no control over that. I will submit this to ED and see what they say.

Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.

2 hours ago, King39 said:

I apologize for not responding sooner as I didn't see your post until just now. I'm not sure what you want the Wingman to respond too. She acknowledges your order to go Trail and then you are prompted to order her to go Trail.

Also, the ATC call is via the F10 Menu system in DCS World. I have no control over that. The Kobuleti ATC should be responding to your call for Inbound. I just tried the mission and the ATC responded appropriately for me.

Again, I'm sorry for not responding earlier. The ATC calls are via the F10 Menu and are a product of DCS World and I have no control over that. I will submit this to ED and see what they say.

Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.

Er, actually, the AI wingman doesn't actually go into trail when given the instruction, it remains stubbornly off my wing until I'm on final.

Er, actually, the AI wingman doesn't actually go into trail when given the instruction, it remains stubbornly off my wing until I'm on final.

I know, I know. I don't know what else to do to get her to follow simple directions. She's been a problem child since she arrived in the unit. I'll talk to her when we brief next flight...

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issues, a few days ago. The messages on the screen say to use the standard flight comms option, not the special F10 option, so maybe that will help.

Regardless, when I landed, she crashed. Or at least I think she did. I could see her green circle on the HMD on my starboard engine as I descended, but right after touchdown I looked back and there was no circle. She was also not visible via F2.

I had the same issues, a few days ago. The messages on the screen say to use the standard flight comms option, not the special F10 option, so maybe that will help.

I'm pretty sure I corrected this problem with not being able to communicate with Pig 2 and/or Kobuleti Tower.

Regardless, when I landed, she crashed. Or at least I think she did. I could see her green circle on the HMD on my starboard engine as I descended, but right after touchdown I looked back and there was no circle. She was also not visible via F2.

I'm pretty sure this been fixed as well (per the last update).

Just waiting for ED to upload the corrected missions.

John

Fly this Mission again and ask for landing 

with Standard Flight comm and get NO answer (Vhf Am 133.00)

switch vhf Radio off and on and it works. 👍
do Not use 257.80 as the text says, thats wrong.

Edited by rforce

AMD Ryzen 3900xt 32 Gb DDR 4 NVIDIA RTX 4070ti

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, King39 said:

Just waiting for ED to upload the corrected missions.

Hey. Do you know whether it managed to get through in today's patch OB 2.7.15.25026 (asking because it wasn't explicitly mentioned in patch notes unless I missed it)? Waiting for it to start playing the campaign.

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 3:14 PM, King39 said:

No. Sorry. It didn't but it should be in the next one. Thanks for your patience.

Looking at the changelog for today's OB patch 2.7.15.26783, it's still not there.

1 hour ago, lester said:

Looking at the changelog for today's OB patch 2.7.15.26783, it's still not there.

Yeah, I have to take the blame this time. I got slammed at work and wasn't able to complete all of the updates/changes I needed to make in time.

Thanks for hanging in there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, King39 said:

Yeah, I have to take the blame this time. I got slammed at work and wasn't able to complete all of the updates/changes I needed to make in time.

Thanks for hanging in there.

No worries, take your time. It's better to wait and get most of the issues fixed before starting the campaign, at least for me.

• 6 months later...
On 5/31/2022 at 12:03 PM, rforce said:

Fly this Mission again and ask for landing 

with Standard Flight comm and get NO answer (Vhf Am 133.00)

switch vhf Radio off and on and it works. 👍
do Not use 257.80 as the text says, thats wrong.

@rforce So, I'm doing a complete review and update of the campaign and after reading your input (above) I couldn't figure out why I put 257.80 on the datasheet until I just happened to look at the DCS World List of Available Beacons. It lists Kobuleti Tower at 257.80 MHz which is, obviously, wrong. Corrected to 262.00 and thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by King39
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@King39, FYI - everything works for me. Mission 1 and 2 ( just started)
Can talk to ATC and Wingman.
No "easy comms". Just spent some time to find out which radio it actually wants.
Of course "campaign" wing-man sounds differently from "AI" wing-man but he\she obeys commands anyway.
Tried to force wing-man RTB and then rejoin formation. It worked.

• 2 months later...

I had similar problem in this mission my wingwoman tried to land in same time as I and crashed I encountered several time this kind of behavior in other campaign so I take care landing on a side of the runway to let enough space but this time it was not sufficient. I guess it is a failure of DCS AI

I'm not sure sure how that could happen because with the last DCS World update (2.8.1.34667.2 - the current build) Pig 2 gets deactivated on final due to the problems with landing so I don 't know how this could happen. Possibly you haven't updated to the current version of DCS World?

In any event, look for a complete update of Operation Agile Spear to version 2.0 in the next DCS World update.

Edited by King39