I'm glad that we have a full squadron of VF-24 represented, but one nitpick is that in the US Navy after 1980, the numbers 8 and 9 were not used in carrier-based fixed-wing aircraft, so there would not be a 208 or 209 in 1998. It would be more appropriate for these aircraft to be 214 and 215.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

5 hours ago, Swordsman422 said:

I'm glad that we have a full squadron of VF-24 represented, but one nitpick is that in the US Navy after 1980, the numbers 8 and 9 were not used in carrier-based fixed-wing aircraft, so there would not be a 208 or 209 in 1998. It would be more appropriate for these aircraft to be 214 and 215.

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. A good point. Seems that you are right about sidenumbers. No 8 and 9 in use. I haven't paid attention to that before. Might be corrected in future.

20 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Mission#2 the AI F-14s just sit on carrrier after I launch.  THis a feature?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have now tested it dozen times and I can confirm AI did start up and take off normally except once. I still haven't been able to find out what was different that one time causing that behavior. 

Please report if this happens frequently or in other missions too.

22 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

This is what happens, number two is blocked by another flight of tomcats, when I taxi, number two taxis into the two manned aircraft that never move.  Explosion ensues. Anyway Ill try a reinstall and delete approprirate FXOs and repair.  Thanks for looking into it!

Those two Tomcats parked in front of your wingman should start about 15 seconds from mission start and taxi in couple of minutes. I tried to start my aircraft very quickly and start taxi immediately before they are ready. For some reason that prevents those two F-14s from moving. If you make normal start up procedures or at least wait for maybe 3 to 7 minutes, do those two Tomcats start taxiing?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, UN9249 said:

Hi!

Tanker doesn let me refuel in a mission with iranians attacking tanker. he just rtb after my wingman refuels, and am run out of fuel.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Problem is quite sure that tanker is empty. Unfortunately S-3B has quite a limited refueling capacity (15000 pounds I think). Mission design should take care that other flights won't use the tanker. But if your wingman is running on fumes and takes full load with external tanks there might not be anything left for you. You can always tell your wingman to stop refueling by calling him to rejoin but you won't know how much he has gotten. Because there is no good way to control refueling of your wingman I would suggest to take first turn by yourself. Take like 6000 pounds or whatever you think you will need to complete mission but still be within MLW at time of recovery and then send your wingman to refuel.

It would be nice if we had means to ask wingman his fuel state and tell how much to take from tanker. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandman Simulations said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Problem is quite sure that tanker is empty. Unfortunately S-3B has quite a limited refueling capacity (15000 pounds I think). Mission design should take care that other flights won't use the tanker. But if your wingman is running on fumes and takes full load with external tanks there might not be anything left for you. You can always tell your wingman to stop refueling by calling him to rejoin but you won't know how much he has gotten. Because there is no good way to control refueling of your wingman I would suggest to take first turn by yourself. Take like 6000 pounds or whatever you think you will need to complete mission but still be within MLW at time of recovery and then send your wingman to refuel.

It would be nice if we had means to ask wingman his fuel state and tell how much to take from tanker. 

Wow. i didn't know they re limited. Thank you for your feedback. i always send wingman first cause they re (AI) burning fuel insanely. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]