Viper energy retention, or lack of it.

b0bl00i

So after latest patch, I notice HUGE decrease in energy retention where I'm not able at all to sustain any high levels of G without my airspeed dropping off very rapidly. This is with almost no fuel and no weapons, just some empy AA pylons. I also notice a slower acceleration rate and sometimes it's not even picking up speed under small G load when diving!

Compare this to the Hornet where I was able to sustain 9.4 G around 540 knots for over 20 seconds. I think the last patch broke something.

My friend at a coop session yesterday stalled and crashed, that never happened before. Anyone else thinking that a Viper should be this horrible to fly?

Edited by b0bl00i
  • Like 2

Hmmm, haven't noticed anything strange yesterday.

Doing tac turns with our squad with max energy sustained turns. No problem to hold the speed and energy. 

(Loadout: 2x Aim-120 on tips, 2x Aim-9, 2 bags, empty pylons on 3 and 7 and empty centerline)

• Like 1

That's strange!! How come my setup yesterday didn't fly at all good? Last patches was great but now it felt sluggish. Wonder if my throttle max was changed? Old missions not compatible?

You see no difference what so ever?

As the issue you describe sounds quite dramatic, I would check controls first. Seriously, check that you don't have any new axis or button bindings making weird stuff happen, like kicking the rudder or opening speedbrakes and whatnot.

Other than that, post tracks, videos, ACMI and at least be a bit more specific about the loadout, weather, altitude etc. All I'm saying is that these discussions tend to get so muddy so fast, it's best if there are specific conditions where you have issues, so people can test as close to those same conditions as possible.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 3:15 AM, b0bl00i said:

Anyone else thinking that a Viper should be this horrible to fly?

What we think is you've created a drama post with no useful information, tracks, or logs of any kind. If it was reddit I'd say you were farming likes, but this is just the forums so it's pointless times 10.

• Like 12

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Check key binding, maybe you have Airbrakes  on and gears out... I'm not kidding. DCS reads key binding on HOTAS. On some servers I must remember, if I landed switch the gears up and airbrakes off before respawn, otherwise I'd respawn with airbrakes on or gear down. I know it sounds silly, but sometime it's easy to overlook -maybe not landing gear, but airbrakes for sure.

Edited by MartinVoy
  • Like 1

System spec: Windows 10 Pro / i7-12700K / 3080Ti / 64GB / m2 SSD / Orion F16 Throttle / TM Warthog Stick / TPR Rudders / JetSeat / Reverb G2.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, b0bl00i said:

I also notice a slower acceleration rate and sometimes it's not even picking up speed under small G load when diving!

Compare this to the Hornet where I was able to sustain 9.4 G around 540 knots for over 20 seconds. I think the last patch broke something.

Sounds no different than it was, if you're slow, maneuvering and diving, it might still not pick up speed. That wasn't any different before.
The rest sounds more like a Hornet problem than a Viper problem. The Hornet isn't a 9G aircraft. And we're probably not going to find out whether the energy retention of a Hornet at 9.4G is realistic in-game or not, because real life pilots usually don't turn their aircraft into scrap metal by massively over-Ging them like that.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 9:15 AM, b0bl00i said:

So after latest patch, I notice HUGE decrease in energy retention where I'm not able at all to sustain any high levels of G without my airspeed dropping off very rapidly. This is with almost no fuel and no weapons, just some empy AA pylons. I also notice a slower acceleration rate and sometimes it's not even picking up speed under small G load when diving!

My friend at a coop session yesterday stalled and crashed, that never happened before. Anyone else thinking that a Viper should be this horrible to fly?

Stop trying to fly it like a hornet…

Spend less time talking about comparisons, instead use the time to learn the F16 for what it is and not what it isn’t.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The OP announced an appreciable change for him post patch and whats wrong with that ? So it sounds from comments that its  not widespread and thats good. Many many issues following a patch turn out to effect some and not others. As it happens i also found the jet falling out of the sky in situations no different to pre patch. Put the module to one side since plenty others to occupy me.

Too many people here with nothing better to do than preach and hate. Pity no dislike button here.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 8:02 AM, CobaltUK said:

The OP announced an appreciable change for him post patch

Without any evidence or useful information that anyone can use to verify whether it's true, user error, or just senseless whining.

and whats wrong with that?

See above

So it sounds from comments that its  not widespread

No, it sounds like OP is talking out his ass. There's a difference.

Many many issues following a patch turn out to effect some and not others

Graphical and performance issues, yes, due to variations in individual user hardware and the fickleness of PC gaming. The data driving flight models is 100% identical between all computers. There is no such thing as a mythical fm glitch that ONLY affects certain people.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 4

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2