Following.

I too would be interested in this.

I tried to manually change out the carrier's CILS to ACLS and added the Link 4 to Mission 10 using the ME.

Obviously you can't save the changes but other changes can be made and play through the ME, like the weather or other minor changes, like adding labels etc..

But I was unable to make the ACLS work. Changing from CILS to ACLS, did have a good hand shake on the Freq, but no ILS or Tadpole ever showed up.

So I'm guessing it can't be done by us. Maybe adding a F10 menu item to turn it on or off? IDK. But I agree, this would be nice to have.

Dave.

Edited by chase
spelling

do you have to enable the acls in every mission in order for it to work ? , or can you lets say for raven one campaign for example can i enable acls in one mission and it shall work in all missions relating to this campaign?                                        '

1 hour ago, bonniebonbon said:

do you have to enable the acls in every mission in order for it to work ?

I believe that is the case, yes. It's a property of the Carrier and needs to be set in every mission.

• 1 month later...

I am confused. The Mission 1 briefing declares that ACLS is down for maintenance and unavailable, yet in marshal and approach I hear AI radio traffic regarding using ACLS. If ACLS is working, I can find no reference to the CVN Link 4 freq.

You are talking about Raven One: Dominant Fury? The mission was built before the ACLS were even a thing in DCS. I enabled it in the end (as you are told to fly mode 2), but there seem to be a bug in DCS with ACLS being added to already existing carrier not working properly. And to add a fresh carrier I would have to build the mission from scratch, and it took probably over 100 hours to create this one. So for the time being the only thing I can do is remove the info that ACLS is not working.. sorry for  the confusion. 

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...