Absolute control input for turrets

Northstar98

Hi everyone,

With the newly added technicals and for pintle mounted weapons in general, would it be possible to facilitate absolute input devices for the turret azimuth and elevation controls? At the moment we only have a relative control input scheme, where displacing your controller controls the slewing velocity.

Some users have built DIY pintle mounted guns which are intended to be used as absolute pointing devices, whereby displacement controls the position, not the velocity; these work very well on things like the Huey, but don't work so well on CA's fairly wide array of controllable, pintle mounted weapons.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

yes!

what @Northstar98 said!

if the technical truck and all other turrets that are machine gun like, can function like the huey doorguns to match the joystick setup and axis assignments, what would be amazing...

i have a DIY minigun.. and it would be nice for it to work with CA.

• Like 3

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179