F16 TMS UP intermittently working in RWS - End of April 2022 Update

Capoti

vor 14 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

Are you exaggerating a little here with the SD-10 range? if not would love to see a track replay in a new thread. 

From what I understand most Vipers were v5 at that point only a few v9 

Thats the problem. ED missed the right year to model the F16, we all want. Not frankenstein but a few years or even months later on would be great. Their instinct to pick the right model was great in many times but this time it failed. Its only one or two years apart but with this argument they can say to every wish we have, "not planned, not realistic for 2007". But thats bad luck! I understand that ED has to choose some plane and year to model it right but they simply picked the wrong date. There are many great ideas and planned features from ED itself that were canceled because of this.
Same with the SDB. It was tested on the F16 Blk. 50 in 2006 but was introduced into service later on. https://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article2105.html
You can call it bad luck.
So in 2007 only a few block 50 got the v9 not all. So it is said that the special selected model and the template of EDs F16 got it later on. So we can not prove anything. Again bad luck!
Its sad to have to dicuss about a few months sometimes!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Are you exaggerating a little here with the SD-10 range? if not would love to see a track replay in a new thread. 

From what I understand most Vipers were v5 at that point only a few v9 

Lets continue here, since it is connected with the thread`s title, ok?

Take a look for your self (almost as I said): sd-10 is between 1/3 and 1/2 way to me, when I am only able to bug the Jeff:

You can see I am trying to bug the Jeff for like 20 seconds before it actually did bug it.

PS: @BIGNEWY take a careful look at 1min12sec, what happens when finally bugging the target! The ASEC circle (Allowable Steering Error Circle) appears, and instantly disappears. And then appears ones again. I doubt this was happening before.

HERE we have two things:

1st of all, how so-not-good the AN/APG-68(V)5 really is (which I seriously doubt it was that bad IRL - it would be more like a suicide, don`t you guys agree, compated to competiton). Or everything else is over exaggerated in DCS, something is surely not right?!

and 2nd thing, how good actually is Jeff`s radar. Really surprisingly good.

That we don`t talk about BVR fox3 capabilities (SD-10 vs AIM120C-5). Is American stuff which we talk here, really that bad compared to Chinese, who all copied from somewhere (we all know they are not capable of inventing something like this), specially something that much better like apg-68 and an amraam. Just thinking reasonable and logical...

Its not the end of the world if this is really how it was, its more challanging, it all can be done still. But if I were a RL pilot of this thing, I doubt I would fly more then on airshows and some tryining missions 🙂 I hope you know what I mean. Its just too much deadly all together. So now we can ask, if this is how it really was? 

Edited by skywalker22
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Take a look for your self (almost as I said): 

You can see I am trying to bug the Jeff for like 10-15 seconds before it actually did bug it.

Thank you for this. it's ridiculous how the brick is on radar so long yet cannot be bugged for potential weapon employment.

25 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Take a look for your self (almost as I said): 

You can see I am trying to bug the Jeff for like 20 seconds before it actually did bug it.

PS: @BIGNEWY take a careful look at 1min12sec, what happens when finally bugging the target! The ASEC circle (Allowable Steering Error Circle) appears, and instantly disappears. And then appears ones again. I doubt this was happening before.

HERE we have two things:

1st of all, how so-not-good the AN/APG-68(V)5 really is (which I seriously doubt it was that bad IRL - it would be more like a suicide, don`t you guys agree, compated to competiton). Or everything else is over exaggerated in DCS, something is surely not right?!

and 2nd thing, how good actually is Jeff`s radar. Really surprisingly good.

That we don`t talk about BVR fox3 capabilities (SD-10 vs AIM120C-5). Is American stuff which we talk here, really that bad compared to Chinese, who all copied from somewhere (we all know they are not capable of inventing something like this), specially something that much better like apg-68 and an amraam. Just thinking reasonable and logical...

Wow. If this is really "correct as is", then I am blown away how this big of a change in radar logic and BVR workflow wasn't included in the changelog and illustrated in a tutorial video. Something isn't adding up here...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fropa said:

Wow. If this is really "correct as is", then I am blown away how this big of a change in radar logic and BVR workflow wasn't included in the changelog and illustrated in a tutorial video. Something isn't adding up here...

Surely is not...

imagine being a RL pilot... infront of you is Su-27... you are all sweat&wet when you finally see it on FCR, and then you almost brake your finger trying to bug the target for like 20 seconds! 20seconds you are hitting same button to bug it! Im sure you get a heart attack before anything else happens 🙂 Right?

2 minutes ago, dureiken said:

Could you try exactly the same in TWS ? 🙂

If all correct, in TWS should be even worse! TWS has to calculate even more data, then in RWS mode. So I won`t even try.

Edited by skywalker22

25 minutes ago, dureiken said:

Not sure, I did it in TWS and no bugging problem

Are you sure? It doesn`t look like to me, sorry:

ps: it might be just a tad better, instead of waiting 20sec in RWS, it only take 15 now in TWS.

So still, if this is correct as is, then I am no racing driver 🙂

Edited by skywalker22
  • Like 4

• ED Team
3 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Lets continue here, since it is connected with the thread`s title, ok?

No, the SD-10 issue you claim is a separate issue, make a new thread with a track replay example.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

No, the SD-10 issue you claim is a separate issue, make a new thread with a track replay example.

I don't think the issue here is Jeff's radar and it's missile, but apg68 radar on F-16. It was just an example. I can try other aircrafts if necessary.

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

I don't think the issue here is Jeff's radar and it's missile, but apg68 radar on F-16. It was just an example. I can try other aircrafts if necessary.

So why confuse matters with the SD-10 comment? 

The thread title is " F16 TMS UP intermittently working in RWS " why are you talking about apg68 range issues? 

I maybe missing the point here but it has nothing to do with TMS UP not working in RWS. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Fine, guess we are splitting hairs now. The title is like that because thats what the initial thought was. The „TMS not working“ title is the result of the range issue. At no point was bugging something so delayed in RWS in the past, now suddenly, with no information about any radar changes this is what it is now? Of course people start to wonder if their hardware is broken or if TMS suddenly doesnt work anymore because we cant get a solid radar contact promoted to a bugged contact. 
Besides the point that the way it is behaving now can hardly be „correct as is“

i mentioned towards the beginning of this thread that it is describing the same issue explained in the other post here and should probably be merged.. 

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 4

• ED Team

I agree this is probably due to the issues being seen with the radar lock and detection ranges. 

We can close this thread as TMS up is working as intended, the range issues are reported and the team are investigating. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5