Some control requests.

Northstar98

Hi everyone,

I've got a few requests for the controls:

Firstly, it would be good to see a "toggle sight selection" bind added, which when pressed switches between available sights, where applicable (so it starts on say, a day sight, press the bind and it switches to thermal, press it again and you're back to day). At the moment we only have discrete bindings for toggling night sights on/off and toggling thermal sights on/off.

Secondly, I'd like to rework how weapon and ammunition is selected:

At the moment there are a few keybinds: there's "turret select", "turret weapon select" and "select ammunition feed 1/2".

While "turret select" is typically consistent, sometimes "turret weapon select" will cycle between ammunition types and sometimes "select ammunition feed 1/2" will select different ammunition types.

Personally, I'd replace these with the following:

• "Select next/previous weapon" - this should select between wholly different weapons (i.e cannon/coaxial MG/commanders MG/bow MG/missile launchers etc, regardless if they're on the same turret or not). This should not reach and end point, and should cycle back to beginning with subsequent key presses.
  • "Select ammunition type 1/2/3/4/5" - this should select ammunition types for the same weapon (i.e for tank cannons AP/HE etc).

Thirdly, would it be possible to assign mousewheel up/down to zoom in and zoom out for sights? Even better is if it would work as it does currently for numerous cameras, and when using fixed sights it adjusts zoom in/zoom out as described.

Edited by Northstar98
Added mousewheel sight zoom in/zoom out
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.