Persistent "additional properties for aircraft" settings

Northstar98

Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to make the items contained in "additional properties for aircraft" persistent? Such that if you change them, the settings will be saved? Both when spawning a new group of the same aircraft, and when restarting DCS?

Right now, when opening DCS or spawning another aircraft, they reset to default unless copied from an existing aircraft.

Having them persistent would save just a little bit more time when making missions, as I would only need to set them once and then if I need to edit them, I only need to edit the things I desire (for instance, laser codes).

Just to provide some examples:

• In the Hind I never fly with external dust protection (:doh:) IR supressors and I always have NVGs and the NS430 disabled (though not sure why the latter is even present).
  • In the Hip I again never fly with the IR supressors or with the NS430.
  • In the F-5E-3 I always run the same countermeasure programs.
  • In the Mirage 2000C I always disable the TAF GCI link.
  • In the Tomcat I always set the gun burst selection to manual.
  • In the Viggen I always set the weapon safety height to low.

But because it isn't persistent and the default settings aren't always what I want, I have to edit all of these every single time I create a new group or start DCS. The only time they copy over is when I copy a group, or add units to a group where I've already set them as desired.

Alternatively (if there isn't already), is there a way where we can configure what the default settings are set to? Even if it's via some .lua file.

Edited by Northstar98
reformatting
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.