TGP Ground slave inconsistency

desertowl

Hello,

When using the TGP, the behavior of "Ground Slave" is inconsistent. sometimes it does not allow the pilot to slew the TGP until TMS Right is being pressed and sometimes it will slew upon cursor command.

I couldn't figure out what are the conditions at which one of the two behaviors is being demonstrated - attached is a .trk file showing both.

If I'm missing something, please enlighten me. 

MK

TGP Ground slave inconsistent.trk

19 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Do you mean point track? I am unsure what you mean by ground slave. 

Sounds like he is in INR mode and moving the rdr cursor slew doesnt move the pod unless tms right or up is pressed prior to slewing in some occasions

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

5 minutes ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Sounds like he is in INR mode and moving the rdr cursor slew doesnt move the pod unless tms right or up is pressed prior to slewing in some occasions

Yes. from what I know, it shouldn't slew while in INR. either way it is inconsistent and on some occasions it slews and in some it doesn't.

MK

In some F-16s when the TGP is returned to the steerpoint it is intentionally locked such that no slew input can move the LOS of the sensor until a TMS command is entered. This prevents accidental slewing when employing weapons like JDAM which could cause a miss. Took me a second to find where I read that: TGP is only allowed to slew when SOI and reporting track (point/area/rates).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 8:24 PM, Frederf said:

In some F-16s when the TGP is returned to the steerpoint it is intentionally locked such that no slew input can move the LOS of the sensor until a TMS command is entered. This prevents accidental slewing when employing weapons like JDAM which could cause a miss. Took me a second to find where I read that: TGP is only allowed to slew when SOI and reporting track (point/area/rates).

Sounds logical and that was what I was familiar with, however the behavior in game is inconsistent - sometimes it locked and sometimes it isn't.

From what I understood, enlarged cross means the TGP is slaved to LOS and therefore locked. It does not work that way in game ATM. If someone can elaborate on the logic, it will be very helpful.

MK