Miz 11, No HK Site

Ramtin

Even though a previous thread already described my problem which was also marked as fixed...for me the problem still persists

at mission 11 I only managed to receive tasking order one time out of many attempts (accidentally used one jsow too many) 

im a bit tempted to skip this mission now, but I would want to try this first maybe there is a possible workaround

basically I follow mission until requested to commit to the bandits...after destroying them with my wingman I get requested to return back to waypoint 3 and to release jsows at Max range...if i am correct, I should receive new tasking to engage the other targets...but this just doesn’t happen even after many attempts...the trigger doesn’t activate for some reason 

Edited by Ramtin

On 4/19/2022 at 11:37 PM, baltic_dragon said:

I'll have a look, would be helpful to get a track file of your playthrough. Thanks!

I will do a playthrough once again and add the file. I’ll keep you posted. 

I agree this mission is broken as described.  I tried twice. The second time this afternoon after updating dcs to current beta version. Same thing after being told to go to WP 3 after taking out bandits the mission goes silent.  Circled wp 3 for 10 minutes. 

I didn't Save a track because i thought the file would be to long. But this should be reproducible to the developer.

Thanks.

Dave.

The Hawk Site, "Sunflower" I think never activates. I see in the ME, that it is a late activation.

I assume when Spade says Sunflower just went live that there should be a trigger at that time, which would activate

the targets. You will see in my recording, that the HK Site never displays on the EW page. Nor do I observe it in the Targeting Pod.

I don't have a track, but here is a Twitch recording. ( Go to minute 53:30 to see where I don't observe the target. )

* you'll also notice that at minute 58:00 Nicky doesn't have any Ordinances left. So did he drop them all upon attacking the Migs?  Or did he drop them when I requested he attack the non existent HK site first? If he dropped during the Mig encounter, then that too will cause problems later in the mission obviously. I'm not sure when this happened.

The only changes I made to the mission via the ME was I moved the time of day up by 45 minutes and changed the clouds and added labels. These changes have never adversely effected the mission in the past. I feel like the HK Trigger is broken. But I can't see your trigger list.

Thanks,

Dave

Twitch Recording.  Let me know if you have trouble viewing.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1470327961

I get the same thing. It was there last week. I tried re-playing today to improve my score, and no HK site.

Edit to say: I didn't change the mission in any way, but I did switch my loadout on the deck to central Litening pod, two 120Cs and two 9Xs.

Edited by VociferousBob

Just FYI for anyone who wishes to fly this mission before it gets fixed. You can fly it from the ME. Just make sure you un tick the Late activation box and make the Hawk Site un hidden. The mission flew as normal after I made these changes.

Dave

Thanks, I will fix this. As for changing loadouts, this may break some of the missions, so be careful.

I might have forgotten to re-activate the Hawk site after I fixed the Harriers not dropping bombs, happens sometimes - apologies for that, will get it sorted. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • I have yet to be able to get the ACLS to lock on. I have never seen the tadpole. I do start these missions from the ME screen, maybe that is the cause? Is anyone else having trouble with autolanding? It even says ACLS Lockon by ATC, but nope.

Am I doing something wrong? It should just work right? Everything was on, TCN, BCN, DL, ILS, everything.

Here is a twitch recording. A track would be to big of a file.

Jump to time: 1hr  31 minutes 30 seconds for my first attempt. This is the time where ATC says ACLS lockon, but no actual lockon. I go around and try again, but again no luck.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

00:15:45 kneeboard carrier info

1:31:30 in No ACLS

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1308804396   

Okay, I watched my own video. One thing I noticed is I didn't turn on the actual ILS. As in the ILS Button on the FCU. I verified in the video that all other systems were on, but I did not check the ILS nor do I remember turning it on. So I guess that was actually still in the off mode. I didn't think to turn it on, when the ALS boxes both TCN & ILS boxes and the ILS Cross hairs are visible. So I assumed the system was operating correctly. So maybe the ILS has to also be turned on in order for the ALS to give the tadpole symbol? Wags does indeed turn on his ILS System, so that's likely the issue I'm having.

Ok. It's Not me. It's a DCS Bug. The changes you made to these missions don't actually provide acls yet. Hopefully one day ED will fix this. If not, then the only true fix is to create a brand new Super Carrier Replacing the original ones in these missions which use case 3 recovery. 

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...