DCS Open Beta Crashing on start

MudMover

I seem to have the same problem as some of the others. I have read many of the other posts and tried  to follow the suggestions there. I first tried to remove all mods run clean up and repair. Then I tried removing the dcs_variant and lua options files all no help. Finally I did a reinstall and was able to get in to install my aircraft but once I had installed my aircraft dcs crashed at start up again.

dcs.log

I found that by removing  DCS World Open Beta/Mods/Tech/Supercarrier DCS will run. Tried to run repair with super carrier folder removed and after repair completed DCS Crashes on launch as before.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by MudMover

23 hours ago, MudMover said:

I found that by removing  DCS World Open Beta/Mods/Tech/Supercarrier DCS will run. Tried to run repair with super carrier folder removed and after repair completed DCS Crashes on launch as before.

Interesting. You said you "removed all mods", but have you tried renaming your "Saved Games/DCS..." folder so the game cannot find it?

I'm asking because I know some ships mods conflict with the SC module.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Flappie, Thanks for the reply,  I did try renaming the folder when I was unable to get DCS to start at all beyond the splash screen. it made a new Saved Games/DCS with only a DCS.log file and one other file can't recall what the other one was at the moment. Mabey I will try that again.

Hey Flappie, No after playing around some more Im not sure. If I remove super carrier I can get DCS to run and fly the TF51 ok but all other modules crash on loading. Im continuing to work through it with support But so far were just repeating what we have tried here, clean up and repair ect.

Here is a log from when I tried to fly the AH-64 with Mod/Tec/Super carrier removed. Same thing happens when trying F-18 A-10cII  modules crash on loading and Log shows same errors I can post other logs if you want.

dcs.log

Edited by MudMover

2 hours ago, oldpop said:

Is there a way to back to before the last patch??

yes, the dcs_updater.exe is able to roll back to a prior version.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

21 minutes ago, oldpop said:

where do I find this ".exe"?

Here is a Guide on how to use this utility ... old, but still valid today.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hey Flappie,  Ok sorry for the delay, I tried to update my Nvidia driver for the GPU and it would not install. So Long story short, I did the windoze  refresh. I was then able to update My Nvidia driver. I had since rolled back to open beta version 2.7.11.22211 so I renamed that to back up let DCS create a new Saved Gamed/ DCS.openbeta Folder and then updated that to the latest open beta version.....And Success So I'm currently running latest open beta with A-10cII, F-18, AH-64 and Super Carrier  modules installed. At this point I've only flown the A-10 and Apache for a short time but so far so good.

I tried to move my key binds over by copying the folders in saved games/ DCS.openbeta / config / input and moving them to the new version. when I start DCS and go to controls none of the the key binds show up. is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for the help, ED should put you on the payroll !

Hey! Many thanks for your feedback. 👍 It will probably save users with the same issue.

This is how to get your control bindings back:

1. Go to "Saved Games\DCS_backup_folder\Config\Input"
  2. Copy all that you can find
  3. Go to "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input"
  4. Paste

If this didnt work, then maybe the Windows refresh gave new IDs to your devices. There is an easy fix for this (renaming .diff.lua files), but first we need to make sure this is your issue:

1. Open the game and reach the control options.
  2. Edit any aircraft controls (e.g. Su-25T), one edit for each device you own.
  3. Save changes then exit DCS.
  4. Go to "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\Su-25T\joystick" and note down the names. As an example, here are mine:

Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {91C40740-7531-11e7-8002-444553540000}.diff.lua

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog {91C40740-7531-11e7-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua

If the filenames have been changed, all you have to do now is renaming your old .diff.lua files accordingly, for all aircraft, so the game can recognize the devices.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.