Legend on HUD for landing

You can press the Print Screen key to capture the screen within DCS. The capture is stored at /saved games/dcs/ScreenShots/   ... open it with Paint, select just the HUD area, crop, save as JPG and attach here so we can take a look.  What you describe sounds like the Vertical Velocity scale, but I'm guessing blind here  😞

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

14 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

You can press the Print Screen key to capture the screen within DCS. The capture is stored at /saved games/dcs/ScreenShots/   ... open it with Paint, select just the HUD area, crop, save as JPG and attach here so we can take a look.  What you describe sounds like the Vertical Velocity scale, but I'm guessing blind here  😞

Hi thanks it's the one pictured here:

Screen_220430_153940.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, medway said:

Hi thanks it's the one pictured here

I must admit that it's been quite a while since I last flew the 25T and didn't remember that symbology. Of course, the ED manual does not show it, and the training mission (for the Su-27, but the navigation system is identical to the 25T) does not even talk about that symbology:

Also, the tick marks on the vertical line don't move, so I can't guess what they represent  😞

Hopefully, someone more experienced or an ED developer can chime in and explain this to us.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 hours ago, Ironhand said:

IIRC, the tick mark facing away from HUD center is the optimal touchdown AoA.

If you mean the one pointing to the left that's nominal AOA, ie none. The aircraft datum will line up to that spot when you're on the ground.  Bottom mark is min AOA (about -5) and the top one is max, 24. I was getting good results landing around 10 AOA but not sure if that's correct. But that's about half way from the middle notch and the top. Anyways whatever AOA you want it's a nice reference to have and made landings a lot easier.

• Like 3

🙂 So much for my memory, I guess. I know I looked at it briefly, when it was first added but quickly stopped paying attention. I normally land according to airspeed & altitude over the markers and threshold.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.