Technicals: Fire at Point requirements?

Nealius

I'm trying to set up the Technicals to fire at point like I do with other units, but they don't seem to be working.

The MLRS Technicals will move into a firing position, but will just sit there for 10+ minutes and never fire. I've tried giving them LOS, I've tried every range between 3500ft and 2nm. Nothing seems to work.

The MG Technicals will fire at point as directed, but will only fire 2~3 bursts and then will cease fire for the remainder of the mission, with no "rounds expend" setting enabled. 

What are the requirements to get the Technicals to fire at point like other units do?

10 hours ago, Nealius said:

The MG Technicals will fire at point as directed, but will only fire 2~3 bursts and then will cease fire for the remainder of the mission, with no "rounds expend" setting enabled. 

They only have 250 rounds with 50 rounds per belt, so, yes, they deplete ammo fairly quickly. Not really ideal, but if you put them within the resupply circle/range of a supply vehicle like e.g. a Ural-375, they will replenish their ammo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dark_wood said:

Ok, wierd thing, tested again, worked only with standing units

What are "standing units?"

39 minutes ago, Catweedle said:

they deplete ammo fairly quickly.

2-3 bursts is nowhere close to 250 rounds. They cease fire well before running out of ammo. In a group of three, often only two even fire at all.

34 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Open the mission i have attached and you will see that i have placed two units:

- one is standing (no waypoint) - this is the one who fire

- one have an waypoint, and should fire once it reaches, but it doesn't, even if i set the same parameters

Hope is clear now 🙂

59 minutes ago, Nealius said:

2-3 bursts is nowhere close to 250 rounds. They cease fire well before running out of ammo. In a group of three, often only two even fire at all.

Taking control of an MG Technical shows 250 rounds/50 belt.

In a simple test mission, Kobuleti X, 3 technicals, not grouped, each depleted the 250 rounds. Not saying this will help you fix your setup, but something is different in your setup/MIZ.

48 minutes ago, James744 said:

Congrats for getting 1 to fire. I can't for the life of me replicate it at all even with standing units. I'm still troubleshooting

Ok, let me recap the settings, maybe you miss something:

• no waypoint on unit
  • unit must head towards the target (obvoius)
  • i have set unit skill to excellent, so i won't wait to much until is shooting
  • on Advanced Waypoint Actions set Fire at Point - again, towards the target, same direction as unit orientation - make sure you not exceed maximum range
  • set radius - 100m
  • set weapon - Rockets
  • set rounds - as you wish (5-6 for test)
  • save, start mission, give it time to aim

That's all, if still no succes try with different settings - and one more thing: not sure if is this the cause, but try to set it on plane field, with nothing blocking LOS

Hope it helps you 🙂

Edited by dark_wood

Track requires Channel and WW2 assets.

MG Technicals:

Triggered action-->TIme more 10 seconds-->Task push-->Fire at point

This time after a system restart they fired for about 2:30 seconds, however they did not deplete their ammunition. When I test the same grouping of 3 with the same triggered action in Caucasus, they continue firing for much longer. 

MLRS Technicals:

Triggered action-->TIme more 10 seconds-->Task push-->Fire at point (set Rockets, rounds expend 8 )

They move into a firing position but refuse to fire. 

Test.trk

Edited by Nealius