TILT!!

Captain Orso
Go to solution Solved by Swift.,

Yeah... that's the question - TILT!!

So, I was trying out the new ACLS system in Case III Recovery, and after landing I noticed I had TILT in the HUD at the upper right.

Anyone know why, and what exactly it means?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The TILT cue means communication is lost on the datalink (if presented on the HUD or L4/SA display), or uplink information is not being updated (if presented only on the L4/SA display but not the HUD).

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 3

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thanks for the answer!

But why would that happen? I was doing mode 2 and boltered once... maybe twice, and got one wave-off without touching down, and finally landed without any damage, so I couldn't have broken anything.

Maybe I didn't follow the procedure 100% correctly, and missed a step?

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I chalk it up to the way the carriers in DCS handle bolters, or more accurately, the way they don't handle bolters. The carrier ATC currently always assumes that 'touchdown = landing', and terminates the radio dialogue, and by extension the ACLS. As far as DCS is concerned, you landed and took off again.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

Thanks for the answer!

But why would that happen? I was doing mode 2 and boltered once... maybe twice, and got one wave-off without touching down, and finally landed without any damage, so I couldn't have broken anything.

Maybe I didn't follow the procedure 100% correctly, and missed a step?

Because you landed. 

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

My flying buddy had it too, and refueled and took off again, and still had it, and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.

Is there a preferred method?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

My flying buddy had it too, and refueled and took off again, and still had it, and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.

Is there a preferred method?

Hi, try to reset the system after ACLS trap, on the DDI exit with -> "menu" pushbutton ->HSI ->ACLS, it will test again it, you should be able to get rid of TILT adv.  

3 hours ago, pokeraccio said:

Hi, try to reset the system after ACLS trap, on the DDI exit with -> "menu" pushbutton ->HSI ->ACLS, it will test again it, you should be able to get rid of TILT adv.  

Okay, thanks. We'll try that.

But what is the procedure if you've boltered--I don't mean with regards to the TILT cue, but to landing at all? What do you do then? What if there are others in the stack and on approach already?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

Okay, thanks. We'll try that.

But what is the procedure if you've boltered--I don't mean with regards to the TILT cue, but to landing at all? What do you do then? What if there are others in the stack and on approach already?

AFAIK, in DCS not implemented yet, in real life I heard the radar vectors you to enter in a straight in approach between 2 traffic approaching as they manage with separation some "holes" to handle bolters in CASEIII 

Okay, thanks.

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/episodes/135-carrier-air-traffic-control/

a very nice episode, but if you want to have reference for the professional answer you can find it from 41:10...

cheers

21 hours ago, pokeraccio said:

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/episodes/135-carrier-air-traffic-control/

a very nice episode, but if you want to have reference for the professional answer you can find it from 41:10...

cheers

Many thanks. I've always been interested in how it really works in... ummm reality 😬

• Like 2

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Thanks Razor!

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler