Server based liveries

Buzzer1977

It would be nice to have server based liveries, so everybody playing on the server is seeing the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

This is actually something that was brought up in a podcast a while back. You just have to remember that not everyone is going to like such a thing since... well... some of those liveries can make you reach for the eye bleach very quickly

7 hours ago, Tank50us said:

You just have to remember that not everyone is going to like such a thing

I had a similar discussion with my significant other, wrt the choice of our drapes. She told me that whoever doesn’t like her style is welcome to eff off and stay away. 

I agreed, and here it’s similar. If you as an admin want users to see some liveries that they don’t like, they can stay away. This is self-regulating, nothing to over-think.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

I had a similar discussion with my significant other, wrt the choice of our drapes. She told me that whoever doesn’t like her style is welcome to eff off and stay away. 

I agreed, and here it’s similar. If you as an admin want users to see some liveries that they don’t like, they can stay away. This is self-regulating, nothing to over-think.

Agree, but for some it might depend a little on diskspace? 

Anyway, it's easily solved by having it as an option. 

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Agree, but for some it might depend a little on diskspace? 

Anyway, it's easily solved by having it as an option. 

If an option on the user side, yes I'd agree, everybody happy.

If an option on server side (as in servers forcing players to download additional skins), no thank you.

I occasionally fly MP, but I have no interest whatsoever in user made skins and having to download a few GB before being able to join a server. 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If an option on the user side, yes I'd agree, everybody happy.
If an option on server side (as in servers forcing players to download additional skins), no thank you.

I occasionally fly MP, but I have no interest whatsoever in user made skins and having to download a few GB before being able to join a server. 
Exactly!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk