Landing practice

S. Low

Nice flying, makes me want to give it a go flying this helo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

11 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Nice flying, makes me want to give it a go flying this helo.

You can do it. Like with all of them it’s just a bit of practice to understand the feel. Also I’m using curves. Cyclic +15 on x and y, collective +15, and pedals +0 with a deadzone of +4

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Yeah I used to "crash land" the Su-25T for about three weeks. Then somehow I figured out how to land without breaking it. This will be no different once I work on it.

• Like 1

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

2 hours ago, pii said:

How many tries? Don't lie 🙂 

Lol I haven't tried it yet honestly. I don't think it'd be too bad. I can land all the other helos on the Perry Class at night in heavy waves. 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

3 hours ago, pii said:

How many tries? Don't lie 🙂 

Here, two tries. I plopped it down pretty hard for this one but I figure the actual pilots say it has sturdy gear so I'm not too concerned about it. 

20220501232646_1.jpg

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

On 5/2/2022 at 4:05 AM, Dannyvandelft said:

First try, and I was actually amazed I did it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Me to, except I got tired and just dropped down like a rock, much faster than the gear could handle, or the tail, or the roto blades and landed on my side. But I'll be damned if I wasn't dead center of that circle on the helo pad. Perfect! 🙂   

Edited by pii
  • Like 3

My trick is to take your time, and use small corrections. Recognize oscillation, and arrest them before continuing further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer