Is there a setting to enable a dedicated server to use the same "mod" folder as a client?

I regularly run a dedicated server and a client on the same PC, such that I can offload CPU effort for AI to a different CPU core.

Is it possible to change the path that the Dedicated server uses to look for "mods", such that it can use the same mod folder as the client?
The reason is simple, at present I have to duplicate the mod directories, and I'm trying to save a little space.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Absolutely! I share the same mod folder (and others like the input folder, Kneeboard etc.), between Stable and OB.
Symbolic links are what you're looking for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/amp/

Read it. It's very easy. There's also a link to a shell integration, so you can basically drag and drop.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent stuff.  My thanks.

• Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 month later...

On the topic of modding in DCS I was recently told Open Mod Manager works with VPS or dedicated server, I would like to use a VPS but im not sure how that work in regards to OMM or OVGME all the same I don't mind paying a few bucks to store mods and use them from there along with our crew of others that use the same mods. Is this possible and if so how does this directly work with ovgme and OMM? Any one use a specific site i can be referred to to see what they have to offer. looking at 100GB max size.

Edited by RayBurge