TM Warthog Left Throttle Red Button Replacement

Marco1-11

I'm about to replace the PCB for the throttle and install a new red button too. Can anyone tell me if hot glue is really needed on the board, as I gather it's generally used simply to secure the connectors. Also, I feel a bit weird about the red button as there is no replacement advice about it anywhere, so perhaps I'm the only person foolish enough to mess with it. Has anyone completed this type of repair to date.

Cheers

I see no takers for this one, well the fact is replacing the red button is problematic to say the least, it's not only difficult to install but it shares the same connector as the pinky switch, so some soldering is needed. I have to hand to TM for their ingenuity here...Really TM!! Now I know why no one messes with this unnecessary costly repair, especially as the new button will probably fail over time anyways and is in no way a DCS necessity for any flight model IMAO. 

As for the new PCB, it works great and brought my dead throttle back to life. It's a straightforward fix but be careful if you decide to do it yourself.

Cheers