Impressive Loadouts

Groove

• 3 weeks later...
F-111C with 48 Mk82s.

32b147385b73.jpg

Is that for real? I never seen anything more than 4 stations loaded in the F-111/FB-111

I did not think it had anything but 4 wing stations (2 per wing).

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Is that for real? I never seen anything more than 4 stations loaded in the F-111/FB-111

I did not think it had anything but 4 wing stations (2 per wing).

From Wikipedia... (I know, but it's a good start)

All aircraft, except the FB-111A have provision for eight underwing pylons, four under each wing, with a capacity of 6,000 lb (2,700 kg) each

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

wow, would you look at that!

fb-111.jpg

I learn something new every day

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

fb111-2.jpg

To whom it may concern,

No7_24_750U.jpg

Can't believe I never notice this, I'm slipping in my old age

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/f111indetailjr_8.htm

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

From Wikipedia... (I know, but it's a good start)

All aircraft, except the FB-111A have provision for eight underwing pylons, four under each wing, with a capacity of 6,000 lb (2,700 kg) each

While it could use 8 pylons, the outer two on each wing didn't pivot, so that the wings could only be used at the lowest sweep angle. Seriously cripling the aircraft's performance. So it was almost exclusively used for drop tanks during transit flights.

And even when the inner pylons restricted the wings from being fully swept. And since the landing gear sat so low, there was no room for weapons under the belly, meaning that the second pylon on each wing and the small internal bomb bay were the only ones which could be used if full wing sweep was desired.

So loading the F-111 up with weapons on all 8 pylons may look impressive, but it's not a very useful combat load.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's that in the middle, a cannon and 4 rockets in the same pod?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• 4 weeks later...

To whom it may concern,

:surprise: Are those all SFWs?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Does anybody have some info about the performance of CBU-97 and similar against main battle tanks? The penetrators seem too small/light/with not enough energy to penetrate modern MBTs armor not to speak about ERA equipped MBTs.

Not sure but I found this

http://www.textrondefense.com/multimedia/blu_108.htm

http://www.textrondefense.com/products/airlaunched/blu108.htm

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

The PDF says it can defeat heavy armored battle tanks which I don`t see how is possible given the weight of the penetrator. I just don`t see how it will achieve the kinetic energy needed to penetrate a MBT, it could be effective against trucks, APCs, etc. vehicles but modern tanks? I doubt it.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It uses an EFP to penetrate armour rather than a kenetic penetrator. If the Taleban/Iraqi insurgent groups can make and EFP IED that can penetrate armour on modern NATO IFVs and occasionally MBTs is it so hard to believe we can?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL