ACLS drifing left until giving up

Attached mission file and track file, carrier was moving at 25 knots.  

The ACLS was drifting left, at one point it will try to correct to the right a bit but not enough, then just gives up with you too far to the left. 

Track file: https://www.file.io/ssP1/download/uzilWcEjb87U

nighttraps.miz

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• ED Team

Thanks for the report, 

the track is the server track so not able to see from the pilots point of view, however we will continue to investigate and test. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 5/1/2022 at 9:19 AM, StandingCow said:

Attached mission file and track file, carrier was moving at 25 knots.  

The ACLS was drifting left, at one point it will try to correct to the right a bit but not enough, then just gives up with you too far to the left. 

Track file: https://www.file.io/ssP1/download/uzilWcEjb87U

nighttraps.miz 10.38 kB · 7 downloads

do you have wake turbulence option ON? if yes, try to lower the carrier speed from 25 to 11kts in this mission.

2 hours ago, StandingCow said:

It's a bug report, ACLS should work with the carrier moving at 25 knots.

For sure, now if we want to use ACLS, we have to turn off Wake Turbulence or lower the carrier speed

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, StandingCow said:

Newy, we think it may be due to this, it seems if there are two hornet groups it screws with ACLS, client track also below.

And here is the client track link: https://file.io/MkSEkgGJd64t

Exact same problem here, i get CPL HDG, doesnt capture glide slope, no tadpole, starts wobbling back n forth well above carrier. not just in multiplayer either (i mostly fly campaigns)

• ED Team

If possible include a short as possible track replay showing the behaviour. 

We did have an issue with more than one carrier in a mission. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If possible include a short as possible track replay showing the behaviour. 

We did have an issue with more than one carrier in a mission. 

So i just flew a test mission from someone (from ACLS not accounting for burble i think) and i hand flew the whole approach (normally i use HDG mode for the approach to 1200ft, then i disable it before activating ACLS), and it captured G/S an tadpole etc, only prob was, dropped on the burble, missed the #1 wire and boltered. but the ACLS did capture, and i got CPL P/O (i think) on the hud. But the CPL HDG on the hud makes more sense now, although, i think deactivating hdg mode before turning on cpl should cancel CPL HDG, and it is not.

Is anyone else using the autopilot to approach? i think it might be confusing the ACLS

will try get a track of the fault now