Accuracy of the BK-90 bomb cassette in the wind

InjunOtto

Hi everybody.
Faced a problem:
In the wind, the BK-90 bomb cassette blows aside.  Is there any code to reset or the cassette itself corrects its course or drop point?
I looked at quite a few guides, the problem of resetting with wind was not raised anywhere.

Am 1.5.2022 um 14:08 schrieb InjunOtto:

Hi everybody.
Faced a problem:
In the wind, the BK-90 bomb cassette blows aside.  Is there any code to reset or the cassette itself corrects its course or drop point?
I looked at quite a few guides, the problem of resetting with wind was not raised anywhere.

I don't think it's the pod (bomb) itself, I think it's the little bombs that are dropped from the container (default is 60M if I'm not mistaken).
The pod (bomb) has its own INS which corrects its flight to the target until dropping the little bombs, the little bombs themselves are not controlled and can easily be blown away by the wind, for that you can change the approach altitude of the pod manually by entering code 91xxx (m) (030-500) into the onboard computer (Takt and then pressing LS).

• Like 1

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

23 часа назад, Jagdgeschwader сказал:

I don't think it's the pod (bomb) itself, I think it's the little bombs that are dropped from the container (default is 60M if I'm not mistaken).
The pod (bomb) has its own INS which corrects its flight to the target until dropping the little bombs, the little bombs themselves are not controlled and can easily be blown away by the wind, for that you can change the approach altitude of the pod manually by entering code 91xxx (m) (030-500) into the onboard computer (Takt and then pressing LS).

Yes, the problem is in the bombs and that the code 91xxx does not work. When exhibiting any height, the bombs are fired at an altitude of 120-130m.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb InjunOtto:

Yes, the problem is in the bombs and that the code 91xxx does not work. When exhibiting any height, the bombs are fired at an altitude of 120-130m.

Did you set the QFE of the target you are trying to drop the bombs on? If it still doesn't work that might be a bug .

Viggen GIF 2.gif

H. G. Wells

28 минут назад, Jagdgeschwader сказал:

Did you set the QFE of the target you are trying to drop the bombs on? If it still doesn't work that might be a bug

Probably no. Should it be installed specifically for the BK-90?
Can you please tell me how?

vor 16 Stunden schrieb InjunOtto:

Probably no. Should it be installed specifically for the BK-90?
Can you please tell me how?

This is a very good video about it (I've learned from it): https://youtu.be/mkDIVq_38u4

iiRC the QFE should be set for the next wepons: Gun pods, rockets, bombs and BK-90.

Viggen GIF 2.gif

H. G. Wells