NOE/R option not syncing with CPG

RuskyV

I Noticed while I was sat as the CPG with my friend flying, under the util page (the FMC option on the left) that the NOE button was on, as he was complaining about huge pitch changes when speeding up and slowing down. I checked this and flicked it off. When I asked him to confirm he was still having issues so I asked him to press the NOE option turning it off which solved the issue, however it then illuminated for me as CPG.

looks like some sort of de-sync, unfortunately I didn’t get the track file as it was just to big. Just looking to confirm with others regarding this behaviour.

Yeah this option does not sync between the 2 cockpits which is very unfortunate since it also likes to turn itself on when in MC automatically.

Trying to untick this option for your pilot as he attempts to regain control is useless and only causes a desync between the two cockpits. 

• ED Team

we will check, its syncing in SP when switching cockpits, will add to list for checking in MP

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

This de-sync still exists in MP, but I did discover some new info to share.  It is unclear when this will happen and when it won't but I had a feeling it was something my CPG was doing during our startup routine, or soon after, that was causing it to happen.

I watched the NOE indicator on my screen change from disabled to enabled when my CPG turned on the laser shortly after takeoff. 

The enable/disable for the laser is at L6 on the WPN > UTIL page, and the enable/disable for NOE/A is at L6 on the A/C > UTIL page.  Just a coincidence...?

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
7 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

The enable/disable for the laser is at L6 on the WPN > UTIL page, and the enable/disable for NOE/A is at L6 on the A/C > UTIL page.  Just a coincidence...?

Interesting...if I can get one of my friends to hop online with me today, I'll see if I can confirm.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

What is The NOE/A mode doing? I read that it's the NOE/Approach mode for the FCS and i gather it has something to do with the stabilitor but what does it do? Apparently it doesn't automatically engage with engine start when weight on wheels (but would turn on when power is applied in the air if that was the last state it was in)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This desync issue is back.  Or maybe was never fixed, and has been more apparent for me in the past few days since the last patch that introduced the LST.  As part of the startup procedure in a cold start you have to swap seats to turn off LST in the front.  At some point George is turning on the laser up front as part of his startup and that turns on NOE/A mode for the aircraft.  This didn't occur when George was able to do his complete startup uninterrupted.

And I will point out again that the enable/disable for the laser is at L6 on the WPN > UTIL page, and the enable/disable for NOE/A is at L6 on the A/C > UTIL page...

Edited by Floyd1212