DCS-Menus randomly not opening

bavella1

I often have the problem that no radio menu commands are executed using VAICOM Pro. In this case, it is also not possible to open the menus using the DCS key. This seems to me to work randomly sometimes, then not again.

Example:
I hit the PTT and say "Crew" (darker beep) then "request rearming" (bright beep). The armament menu should now appear, but it doesn't. Similar if special radio commands are to be called up via the F10/others menu in a mission.

It may well be that in one mission this doesn't work, I restart DCS and all of a sudden it works. I've also experienced that it didn't work at one point in a mission (that a fellow player then triggered the F10/others command) and a few minutes later it worked again via my VoiceAttack/VAICOM.

For information I have to mention that I use the SRS integration. So short PTT = VAICOM, PTT held down = SRS. But this works without any problems and I think the VAICOM side also works partially because the beeps report the understood voice commands as recognized. - Only the DCS menus are not called up.

Who knows advice?

Best regards, bavella

• Thanks 1

I often have the problem that no radio menu commands are executed using VAICOM Pro. In this case, it is also not possible to open the menus using the DCS key. This seems to me to work randomly sometimes, then not again.
Example:
I hit the PTT and say "Crew" (darker beep) then "request rearming" (bright beep). The armament menu should now appear, but it doesn't. Similar if special radio commands are to be called up via the F10/others menu in a mission.
It may well be that in one mission this doesn't work, I restart DCS and all of a sudden it works. I've also experienced that it didn't work at one point in a mission (that a fellow player then triggered the F10/others command) and a few minutes later it worked again via my VoiceAttack/VAICOM.
For information I have to mention that I use the SRS integration. So short PTT = VAICOM, PTT held down = SRS. But this works without any problems and I think the VAICOM side also works partially because the beeps report the understood voice commands as recognized. - Only the DCS menus are not called up.
Who knows advice?
Best regards, bavella
Did you update DCS while VA was running?
Or did you start DCS before VA after the update?

Close VA and DCS, and try to start VA first. Open the VAICOM control panel and see if it recognise the module. If it doesn't.

Close both.
Do a full DCS repair, start VA and reset the Lua, and let VA restart.
Start DCS. If this doesn't help, we'll take it b from there.

Good luck!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Had this problem ever since I installed vaicom with the menus. Its never worked properly. Luckily I've discovered if I say "options" it brings up the menu more reliably. Otherwise I have to press the comms menu button multiple times and it eventually pops up.

I've also found if I run DCS and exit then vaicom gets all mixed up, seems to reverse the PTT listening. I guess that I should restart vaicom also.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely a new bug.  Im dealing with it too and im pretty sure its AIRIO as it only happens in tomcat, and the comms menus work fine when i change to another aircraft.

This is a critical bug.  even after removing AIRIO i cant get my comms menu back.  there should be some way to , a flag variable or something exposed that we can easily rollback when this happens because, honestly, it happens alot with most updates, and usually takes some time for Hollywood to solve it, and he does eventually, but i cant have the plane be unflyable, and i cant cold start my aircraft without talking to ground crew with the comms menu.

I have used viacom with all features for 3 years now. this is a new bug and we need a workaround that doesnt require my 'cleaning out' my DCS as if vaicom is the only Export.lua script running.

Had this problem ever since I installed vaicom with the menus. Its never worked properly. Luckily I've discovered if I say "options" it brings up the menu more reliably. Otherwise I have to press the comms menu button multiple times and it eventually pops up.
I've also found if I run DCS and exit then vaicom gets all mixed up, seems to reverse the PTT listening. I guess that I should restart vaicom also.
Not sure what you mean. The "only" way to bring up the comms menu is by pressing a TX and say "options", unless you're using the DCS keybinds or if you have mapped the comms menu to a button.
Have you selected "hide menus" in the VAICOM option, and have you mapped the TX buttons to the same button in DCS?
While this should work, it can lead to undesirable results.
Cheers!

This is definitely a new bug.  Im dealing with it too and im pretty sure its AIRIO as it only happens in tomcat, and the comms menus work fine when i change to another aircraft.
This is a critical bug.  even after removing AIRIO i cant get my comms menu back.  there should be some way to , a flag variable or something exposed that we can easily rollback when this happens because, honestly, it happens alot with most updates, and usually takes some time for Hollywood to solve it, and he does eventually, but i cant have the plane be unflyable, and i cant cold start my aircraft without talking to ground crew with the comms menu.
I have used viacom with all features for 3 years now. this is a new bug and we need a workaround that doesnt require my 'cleaning out' my DCS as if vaicom is the only Export.lua script running.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I haven't used AIRIO for quite a while.
But may I ask you why you're using the comms menu to talk to the ground crew in the Tomcat. All the correct commands should already be in VAICOM.
I would understand if this was the Jeff though.
Cheers!

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Not sure what you mean. The "only" way to bring up the comms menu is by pressing a TX and say "options", unless you're using the DCS keybinds or if you have mapped the comms menu to a button.
Have you selected "hide menus" in the VAICOM option, and have you mapped the TX buttons to the same button in DCS?
While this should work, it can lead to undesirable results.

Yes I have a button on my hocas with comms menu button.

No I dont have hide menus selected. No i do not have DCS mapped to those TX buttons (pretty sure that was in the instructions)

I think i need to start from scratch, setup voice attack and step through it again.

Yes I have a button on my hocas with comms menu button.
No I dont have hide menus selected. No i do not have DCS mapped to those TX buttons (pretty sure that was in the instructions)

I think i need to start from scratch, setup voice attack and step through it again.
Roger!
Okay. If you don't have hidden the menu and have separate buttons for the DCS transmit buttons, there should really be no problem, so something's obviously off.
So, at this stage I would:
1. Close DCS
2. Close VoiceAttack
3. Rename the export.lua
4. Perform a full repair of DCS
5. Start VoiceAttack
6. And finally start DCS.

Hello and sorry for the long response time!

Unfortunately, my problems have not yet been resolved. I noticed that the checkmark "Aircraft Carrier Comms" under AIRIO cannot be removed, it cannot be clicked, the mouse pointer simply disappears at this windowposition.

In addition, I like to tell that I use the SRS integration, as a short PTT press triggern  VAICOM, a long PTT press SRS. Maybe that also plays a role?

It was quite a bit of work to convert VAICOM to the SRS integration and I'm a little hesitant to convert it back. - Is there actually an easy way to save the settings so that you can switch back to the current settings quickly and reliably?

Many greetings, bavella

Edited by bavella1

I would save that profile as your "DXLink" variant, and then if you need to roll back, just re-import the profile provided by Vaicom into a new one.  (when you import, voiceattack is smart, and gives you a dialogue that allows you to select the commands you want to import/override with checkboxes. very straightforward)