Multicrew - RIO's Pilot Flap axis command affect's Pilots flap control

ShermanZA

I have my flaps bound to an axis. When I fly as the RIO for my pilot, we always run into an issue in flight where my axis command will trigger and conflict with his flap settings.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set up a multicrew flight with the RIO using a Flaps Axis bind (in the Flap Up position)
  2. Slow to landing speed and deploy landing gear and flaps. Gear will deploy, but flaps may only partially deploy.
  3. Have RIO move Flap axis in their pilot seat keybinds. This will cause to Flap lever in the pilot seat to move.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Want to chime in that I can control pilot DLC (and his flares as a result) as well as certain Jester menu commands from the RIO seat during a multiplayer session.

Problem seems to affect only buttons that have a pilot bind but not a RIO bind on the same controller, in this case pilot DLC bound to thumb button of my joystick but nothing bound to the same switch in the RIO pit.

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, bones1014 said:

A friend of mine and I are having all kinds of controls from the RIO seat affecting the Pilot seat and vice versa. For example I can control the weapon selector from the RIO seat and the RIO ICS PTT activates the pilot PTT.

Define the acronymns por favor... I cant find FLAPS in the AXIS assignments (WHY ??) DCS cmon

On 5/1/2022 at 6:02 AM, ShermanZA said:

I have my flaps bound to an axis. When I fly as the RIO for my pilot, we always run into an issue in flight where my axis command will trigger and conflict with his flap settings.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set up a multicrew flight with the RIO using a Flaps Axis bind (in the Flap Up position)
  2. Slow to landing speed and deploy landing gear and flaps. Gear will deploy, but flaps may only partially deploy.
  3. Have RIO move Flap axis in their pilot seat keybinds. This will cause to Flap lever in the pilot seat to move.

On 5/1/2022 at 6:02 AM, ShermanZA said:

Steps to reproduce:

I cant find FLAPS in the AXIS assignments (WHY ??) DCS cmon