F-4G Wild Weasel Story

Knock-Knock

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Once the f-4e is available, it can join the f-16 to do wild weasel missions. 

MFT

That would be sort of odd don't you think? The Viper that we have wasn't even in service when the F-4E was around doing its thing.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

11 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

That would be sort of odd don't you think? The Viper that we have wasn't even in service when the F-4E was around doing its thing.

F-4E were in service in the Israeli air force till 2004 along side F-16C/D (not sure which blocks were at that time). The last ones to be retired were “Kurnas 2000” with upgraded radar and some guided weapons capabilities, but for most of the 90s F-4E and F-16C/D were the main air to ground platforms.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

The F-16s and F-4e planes would have tremendous fun and action in the Persian Gulf Map. The wild weasel pilots might fight the targets alone but they are not afraid.

@Bozon Thank you for your response with explanation the F-4e served in the Israeli military. 

MFT

Edited by Mike Force Team
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bozon said:

F-4E were in service in the Israeli air force till 2004 along side F-16C/D (not sure which blocks were at that time). The last ones to be retired were “Kurnas 2000” with upgraded radar and some guided weapons capabilities, but for most of the 90s F-4E and F-16C/D were the main air to ground platforms.

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, the Blocks are different is what I was getting at. 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Also, you can run NATO scenarios with F-4E and F-16C from different NATO members during the 90s or even early 2000s. I think that there are still NATO members operating F-4E even in 2022.

59 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, the Blocks are different is what I was getting at. 

Come on, we don’t have to have the exact block of Viper. Weapon restrictions are usually enough to play as an earlier block.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!