Mission 8 - no comms with the Ground after landing

lester

Hi,

For some reason after returning from the range and landing on 21L I didn't get usual message to switch to Ground frequency and proceed to the parking lot. As a result of that Biff was still orbiting at Truck stop and mission status didn't switch to completed. The last message I got was on Approach freq: "report gear down" - which I did. Maybe I missed something - did anyone observed the same problem?

Mission itself was great, thanks.

DCS Version: 2.7.12.23362

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

On 5/5/2022 at 11:21 AM, zaphat said:

Did you leave through Alpha exit? 
I left through Beta, no Ground option, I was like, I was told to exit via Alpha, so I drove down there, and Ground contact came up.

Yup, I always exit via Alpha (at the end of 21L runway). Moreover I drove through entire runway couple of times afterwards thinking that I missed trigger zone somehow, but with no luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for checking that! Probably it's my fault then. And thanks again for the wonderful campaign!

I had this issue today: reported 5nm (with gear up), then toggled gear down when tower told me and reported. Was cleared to land vut no comms after departing alpha (long landing). BIFF on hold for eternity. There is a bug. Finished mission at 50%.

On another note, I wish we could depart on Bravo, maybe add another trigger there?

Another (unrelated problem I had with MN8 (only) is that my fps tanked from 60 to 27 when looking at the parked planes west of the base.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:19 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Hm, that is weird. I tried it again and couldn’t reproduce the problem with landing. Can you post a track of the mission? That could help (provided the track does not get broken which often happens in DCS). Thanks!

This was days ago, is it still stored? I would be happy to share.

Another weird thing that happened for the first time in a decade playing dcs: yesterday I started dcs and it asked for login (it never does with auto save on). After login in all my logbook was erased! It wasn't anti virus or any changes aside from rebooting the pc.

Luckily I had a backup, but strange things are happening lol.

• 2 months later...

Same issue here. I never get the call from tower to contact ground, and therefor no prompt to contact ground when I exit at Alpha. What are the prerequisites to trigger the call from tower to contact ground? I reply with gear down and that is the last I hear from him.

Edit: I did the mission once more and have attached the track file, if that can help narrow down if there is a bug or if I did something wrong. Please note that I quit just after passing the hold short line at Alpha as I did not get the call from tower to contact ground while on the runway as I should.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tz1gfyr12mvvktl/mission 8.trk?dl=0

Edited by dakota558

• 2 months later...

Yeah - I have the same bug and flew the mission twice now.
I did everything to the letter. All worked good - all shooting and stuff. Dialogs happened on the way.

At the Truckstop:
- Biff went to orbit
- I continue, get the message from the tower to report 5 miles out.
- I report 5 miles out, Tower tells me to report "gear down".
- Gear is down, so I report "gear down" shortly after.
- Tower gives me "clear to land 21L"
- Touch down and no more messages!

I continue to roll out on the runway to the end and then turn left to ALPHA. No message after reporting wheel down from tower, no switching frequencies, no F10 menu option.
Then I continue taxiing to the stop, shut down my jet and get a 50 score, which doesn't let me proceed with the next mission (until I press skip, which I haven't yet).

Happened to me twice flying the mission on two seperate days.

I checked a couple of YouTube vids with this mission and I do nothing different than these guys. One had already gear down when contacting tower, so it's not that either.

Please review this mission once more @baltic_dragon, since I really think there is a trigger problem.

Thanks for this great campaign! I would hate to skip the mission.

Last Track File: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJ_AlLpIYGt7C2c1VzljBpKUeKM?e=kQ4zEX

Edited by Griefhard
  • Like 1

Hello!  Great Campaign!  With this mission I don't know what's wrong, but no matter what I do I can't get it right.  My flight ends up turning around and flying to the Carrier.  Everything is good up until I get the Taxi signal from the Yellow Shirt, takeoff and push to the RV.  Cajun doesn't do the Fence checks.  Nothing goes like it should.  I have read and re-read the briefs to see if I am missing something to cause me to miss a trigger.  Just don't know.  I have eventually skipped the mission and gone on to the next.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Mission 8....sorry!

On 11/10/2022 at 1:35 AM, Jim2175 said:

... My flight ends up turning around and flying to the Carrier.  Everything is good up until I get the Taxi signal from the Yellow Shirt, takeoff and push to the RV. ...

Unfortunately the A-10C cannot land on a carrier. I believe you posted your message in the wrong subbranch. Hier is the "Iron Flag, Part 1" Campaign for the A-10C. You clearly need something for the F-18C.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:35 AM, Jim2175 said:

Hello!  Great Campaign!  With this mission I don't know what's wrong, but no matter what I do I can't get it right.  My flight ends up turning around and flying to the Carrier.  Everything is good up until I get the Taxi signal from the Yellow Shirt, takeoff and push to the RV.  Cajun doesn't do the Fence checks.  Nothing goes like it should.  I have read and re-read the briefs to see if I am missing something to cause me to miss a trigger.  Just don't know.  I have eventually skipped the mission and gone on to the next.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Mission 8....sorry!

Yeah A-10s are poor on carriers.. is it Raven One or Raven One: Dominant Fury?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hello!

I've just experienced this, twice in the row (doing a second attempt of the mission). No comms, after landing, both times with proper reply to gear down on landing clearance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jhNUHwdX4xv-b9-fgqJI2bWUX1u-MLR/view?usp=share_link

This the track from the second attempt, as i haven't saved the first one. (i've even done some time acceleration to see if anything changes)

Progress remains stuck on this, as after parking and shuting down on Thunder ramp, the mission is a draw.

Cheers.

Twoface