TPOD and Mavrick MFD

DerRedMax

I am really having a frustrating time figuring out why when I press the uncage button that the Maverick display pops over to the TPOD screen. What do I need to do to keep the Maverick screen open on the left side and the TPOD open on the right side? Thanks for the help

It´s not possible due to how TGP and Mavericks work IRL.

The weapon system only allows 1 "external video feed", so it´s not possible to have 2 image sources (external) at the same time.

Edited by Tarres
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 7:40 PM, DerRedMax said:

I am really having a frustrating time figuring out why when I press the uncage button that the Maverick display pops over to the TPOD screen. What do I need to do to keep the Maverick screen open on the left side and the TPOD open on the right side? Thanks for the help

Like Tarres said, only one viedo seed can be displayed at once; with Laser mavericks (L2) when i lase the target with Tpod on right MFD, uncage button start the mav sensor to search for the return on the specified code (the cross up in the HUD start to move around); when the mav sensor "see" the correct laser return, a little square appear on the target, and you can fire the missile.

When you mean the use with the IR maverick, onestly i never used coupled with the Tpod, only in tandem with dmt TV (so, no problem to have TV on right MFD and IRmav on left MFD).

Probably you can designate with the Tpod, and uncaging the IRMav sensor appear focused on the same spot, so you can try a lock and fire.

(sorry, non native english speaker here...)

On 5/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, shinobi61 said:

Though using the dmt TV you can have both up at once I assume because its a separate built in system but not sure.

The Maverick and DMT are contemporary systems (~90's) with the wing pylons wired for Maverick video.

When the TPOD was added to the inboard wing pylons (~2003) it reused the Maverick pylon wiring, so "shared" the Maverick's video feed.
It was only later (~2012) that another upgraded allowed the TPOD to be fitted to center pylon.

Speculation - continuing to share the Maverick video feed likely allows the continued use of the TPOD on the inner wing pylons i.e. when carrying an ECM pod on the center pylon.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080