Wags CASE III VIdeo

chase
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

when he was setting up the ship, he only put in the Link 4 and ACLS. However, he never entered in a ILS Freq. So how did he know that the ILS Freq was 11? The only freq in his video is the Link 4 freq of 331 i think.

I'm trying to add the ACLS to payware campaigns, and I can not get the Tadpole to show up. I"m probably setting it up wrong.

The Mission designer, has only TCN and ICLS with a freq. So I've been adding the Link 4 and activating the ACLS under it. Everything works but no tadpole. Should I delete the CILS menu item? Maybe having both CILS and ACLS messes it up. But I don't see a box to add a ils freq to the link 4.

Dave

8 minutes ago, NineLine said:

He did add TCN and ILS in the video

Yes I am on current Open beta. I just looked at the video again. I must be blind because I still do not see where he enters in an ILS freq. For that matter I also do not see where he enters in the ships TCN. So that leaves another question haha. He uses TCN 73, & ILS 11 in the video, but doesn't set up the boat to use 73. So I'm confused. . I time stamped his video at the point where he enters in the ship data. I only see the Link 4 and ACLS.

• Solution

He only showed the new Link 4 and ACLS options just to show them, that doesn't necessarily mean he used that part of the video to set up the mission in the final recording.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

2 hours ago, chase said:

I'm trying to add the ACLS to payware campaigns, and I can not get the Tadpole to show up. I"m probably setting it up wrong.

The current analysis seems to indicate if there are any additional F18 groups in a mission, than ACLS lock on at 6nm breaks. MODE 1 and the tadpole appearing simply doesn’t happen.

More info here.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/299704-acls-f18-cpl-autopilot-not-working-as-intendedmy-fault/page/2/#comment-4960684

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, norman99 said:

if there are any additional F18 groups in a mission, than ACLS lock on at 6nm breaks. MODE 1 and the tadpole appearing simply doesn’t happen.

Thank you. Good to know.

• ED Team
2 hours ago, chase said:

Yes I am on current Open beta. I just looked at the video again. I must be blind because I still do not see where he enters in an ILS freq. For that matter I also do not see where he enters in the ships TCN. So that leaves another question haha. He uses TCN 73, & ILS 11 in the video, but doesn't set up the boat to use 73. So I'm confused. . I time stamped his video at the point where he enters in the ship data. I only see the Link 4 and ACLS.

Sorry my bad, I apologize, its what I get for trying to juggle too many missions at once. In the mission he used the same as it has always been, that said, it would probably be good to have some missions supplied by us for Case III/ACLS. I will suggest it. 

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@NineLine

I'm not sure if having other F18 groups/ units in the mission Makes any difference. i took one of my missions deleted all groups of F18's. So only my Hornet remained. I took my original SC, Lincoln i think, where i had the tcn and ILS set. I added both link 4 and ACLS.  And still no ACLS lock on. So my working theory is if you use a carrier from any prior mission it won't work, which would also explain the campaigns. So maybe you have to make a new carrier using the latest beta in order for it to work. Anyway you should be able to see this from my track. Never mind,  the track is larger than 5 megs. Won't allow upload. I tried. Thanks for the reply. I'll look out for the next update to try again. The night crew lighting effects Are awesome so thanks for that. : ).

Dave

37 minutes ago, NineLine said:

I can confirm the next update should update all our missions to support ACLS, so I hope that helps. 

That should do the trick. Thank you for the help.

Dave.

• Like 2