Are there any training missions for the new ACLS?

v2tec

I would like to try the new Aircraft Carrier Landing System, but unfortunately, it seems that the existing carrier missions doesn´t support ACLS, or went something wrong with the update process?

And no, I don't want to create my own missions with the mission editor. I managed to use dcs without it and don't have time to step in...

• Like 1

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

52 minutes ago, norman99 said:

it’s kinda lazy to not include a training mission for ACLS, given it would literally take 5 min to create one.

5 minutes? If you are such a fast coder, by all means make one such mission for the rest of us … I need a lot of hours to edit one of those missions, so I wont be making one anytime soon. 🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

26 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

5 minutes? If you are such a fast coder, by all means make one such mission for the rest of us … I need a lot of hours to edit one of those missions, so I wont be making one anytime soon. 🙄

Simply open the SuperCarrier CASE III training mission, and add the LINK 4 & ACLS triggers as Wags shows in his video. Save as a new file. Done. Probably takes 3 min.

( 2x AI Hornet groups have to be deleted as well due to a current bug.)

Attached is this exact mission.

My point was that ED should have really included a training mission in the update.

C-SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE III RECOVERY - ACLS.miz

Edited by norman99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, norman99 said:

Simply open the SuperCarrier CASE III training mission, and add the LINK 4 & ACLS triggers as Wags shows in his video. Save as a new file. Done. Probably takes 3 min.

Nope, that would be a practice mission, a training one needs to teach the skill and guide the pilot trough the steps .. not easy to achieve and certainly cant be done in three minutes.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah, my fault. I meant practice mission not training mission.

But anyway, if it takes only 3 minutes to create one - why is there no practice mission in the update. If 100 people create a mission, we have a waste of 300 minutes of life time... ;

• Like 1

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________