ACLS (Client/Player F18) not working when other AI F18/F14/S3/E2 Flights are in the same mission (with takeoff/landing waypoint)

pokeraccio
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi, I'm opening this dedicated post as I did some troubleshooting on some old mix, I believe the problem is other units (F18/F14) not in your flight group.

For example, I got a mix with 3 F18 flights, the ACLS was not working and got strange behaviour, then I deleted all the flights not in my group (F18x4), and the ACLS was working as expected.

I tested and it's happening with F18 AI (even if F18 Flight are on a Airport to Airport route so not dealing with Carrier at all) and F14 AI flights.

On the same testing mission but changing F18 AI flt with F16 AI flt on the same Airport to Airport route, ACLS on Carrier works perfect as expected.

Tracks attached (F14AI CVN OPS ACLS no good, F18AI LAND OPS ACLS no good, F16AI LAND OPS ACLS ok), but it's easy to reproduce.

latest OB.

- New test:

This bug seems related to the AI ("carrier able" so not just F18 or F14) Flight groups waypoint logic (takeoff/landing).

As in a new test I've setup Awacs and AAR to take off from CVN from Ramp Hot and then at a specific subsequent waypoint "orbit", I was able to use ACLS with no problems, but just when the 2 AI where orbiting.

If in the mix editor I set them to follow their route with normal waypoint, even with no landing wpt at the end, after Takeoff from runway/Takeoff from ramp/Takeoff from parking hot, I've got bad ACSL behaviour like CPLD HDG (once TILT) with autopilot disconnected instead of CPLD P/R.

Bad ACLS behaviour also when there is just an only Landing waypoint and they do not have any orbit to "isolate" them from that waypoint type.

If you set the "carrier able" AI to spawn already flying with only Fly over point/Turning point, ACLS works as expected (burble Bug excluded).

- Added some more tracks, sorry for the Case III app not by the book, but it's just to keep the tracks file small.

hope that helps you out to fix it.

cheers

Pokeraccio_ACLS_5_F18_F14AI_noACLS.trk Pokeraccio_ACLS_6_F18_F18AInoCVNLND_noACLS.trk Pokeraccio_ACLS_7_F18_F16AI_OKACLS.trk

Pokeraccio_ACLS_17_F18_F18andF14AIairNoTakeoffLnd_E2TakeoffRunwayNoLnd_bad_ACLS.trk Pokeraccio_ACLS_16_F18_F18andF14AIairNoTakeoffLnd_E2TakeoffHotNoLnd_bad_ACLS.trk Pokeraccio_ACLS_15_F18_F18andF14AIairNoTakeoffLnd_E2TakeofframpNoLnd_bad_ACLS.trk

• Like 2

Thanks @pokeraccio.

Changing my two other F/A-18C flights in my ACLS test mission to F-16C resulted in my first successful ACLS recovery. Since all my previous attempts failed, I assumed I did something wrong.

• Like 2

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

2 hours ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

Thanks @pokeraccio.

Changing my two other F/A-18C flights in my ACLS test mission to F-16C resulted in my first successful ACLS recovery. Since all my previous attempts failed, I assumed I did something wrong.

👍

And as @Hinkey found, I confirm his statement, the AI F18 Flight group is not a problem if is not taking off/landing but just flying around, not messing with a waypoint "landing" on the carrier, as long as the player is performing ACLS approach/trap. (on carrier for sure, landing on a runway after an AI F18 air spawn I'm not sure as I did not test it yet)

• pokeraccio changed the title to ACLS (Client/Player F18) not working when other AI F18/F14/S3/E2 Flights are in the same mission (with takeoff/landing waypoint)
  • 2 months later...

HI, learning this feature and made a mission to practice, however, I cant seem to get the system to lock on and take full authority, it just couples to Hdg and not pitch and roll to do the flydown to the deck. I saved a track, can someone say what was incorrect? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0m5y48g4bq4t6x/ACLS.trk?dl=0

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I haven't experienced this personally, but I believe it's a known issue when other aircraft in the pattern (AI, other players, or even your wingman) could block you from using the ACLS.

What should happen: at 6 nm the "T/C" cue is replaced by "MODE 1", and the tadpole appears on the HUD. You have neither.

Screenshot - Thu 11 Aug 22 , 13_14_34.png

Dima | My DCS uploads

OK, thanks, thats interesting, as the first version of the mission I made had no other aircraft and it did work then. I then added 3 AI hornets so they landed before me and therefore the boat gave me a higher stack and further DME. After that, I got this issue.

Is this a reported bug do you know? If so, I will just wait for a fix, if not, I will post in the bugs section.

Thank you.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 1 month later...

Haven't been able to find time plus a buddy to test in a short track yet, but over the longer flights I've done, ACLS has consistently only worked for the first aircraft who calls inbound, and none of the others.

In my last test (was a full flight, so not a short track) the dash 2 landed first, but only the dash 1 received ACLS indication (since they called inbound first I assume)

While I don't have a short track, could the official testers please investigate this bug, ACLS is quite literally unusable in multiplayer because of it.

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team

Please if possible include a track replay even if it is from your own point of view, it will help as we already have a MP ACLS issue reported. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ACLS works fine when I am the only one around the boat.However when multiple planes stack-up at marshal stack and each one pushing their push time with 1 minute seperation ACLS Needle doesnt come-up for each of them although datalink seems fine on the ACLS channel.

15 hours ago, Zodiacc said:

ACLS works fine when I am the only one around the boat.However when multiple planes stack-up at marshal stack and each one pushing their push time with 1 minute seperation ACLS Needle doesnt come-up for each of them although datalink seems fine on the ACLS channel.

it's bugged as usual 

• Like 1

• Wags changed the title to ACLS MP Issues
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after some experimenting in Multiplayer we found that, as soon as more than 1 F18 is trying to land CaseIII, at least one or even neither of us gets a proper ACLS lock. There´s an "ACL Ready" but only with T/C and no Mode1 indication, meaning you can couple up but get CPL HDG only instead of the desired P/R. On some instances, the other F18 doesn´t even get ANY data on the ACL page during the marshall stack, despite having set up Link4 correctly and doing everything identical as the rest of the flight.

Flying alone, all is fine. 10 approaches and 10 times perfectly locked ACLS with hands-free touchdown. As soon as 1 buddy joings the Hornets, issue as above begin.

Had this popping up during the past months on several maps, marianna, caucasus, syria. Different clients, different hosts.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

I understand that they ask for more information when some1 just states "doesn´t work" 🙂

I´ll see if i can reproduce this issue again and hopefully figure out how to record a track as host.

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:49 PM, Drac said:

Does anybody know if the ACLS is now working in multiplayer?

As far as I know, ED has not fixed it.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

1 minute ago, Drac said:

According to this post, they have fixed it.  Someone else stated in another post that the issue is still there.

I think he was just saying his testing team didn't find the issue, not that it was fixed. I don't recall seeing it in patch notes, and it definitely was not working before, although my group avoids CASE III now for various reasons, mostly because it always causes clients to crash (possibly due to MOOSE usage, although due to ED's lack of, and until ED implements a way to turn the boat into the wind, some sort of carrier control script is required)

All of that said, updates frequently include changes that are not included in patch notes, so it could be fixed now, I'm just not aware of it.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, joojoo said:

Hey to all

Any known issue with the ACLS? I tried it multiple times but when I engage the ACL, the jet goes straight in to the water unless I take control of it.

Any idea? 

Hi, try to have a look to my bug report if it is something like that or some different situation:

I set up a very simple mission to test it:

At present time F18 ACLS seems to have some different bugs interfiring with its operation, also burble wake effects, wind speed... etc etc

• 1 month later...

@WagsAny update on this issue? Has your internal testing team tried to reproduce this in multiplayer with multiple human participants? ACLS is a wonderful feature that ED implemented, it's a shame it currently is only usable in singleplayer.

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Per the latest update (though I haven't had a chance yet to test it personally) it sounds like ACLS in MP has been resolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w