SA-17 is listed in Apache RWR. New SAM incoming?

Some... people who are taking part in the closed beta tests may or may not have publicly shown the use of an SA-17 and one or two others, probably because they didn't realise that these were not released yet.

Cool. 

But this missile entered service and is another high end SAM site from late end of DCS - 2007 is when wiki says it entered service (sorry I don't have my spyglass in front of me for a better date). When are we going to have stealth represented? The more modern threats we get the more we almost have to have it - these weapons were designed with it in mind. The F-117 was in service from 1983 - 2008 and might be flying now even according to some reports. The F-22 entered service in 2005. It is problematic to continue moving the timeline forward when we have a major issue to address on the battlefield. We have heard ECM is going to start being a thing, GREAT! That also is a HUGE part of this type of warfare. But again we are getting assets that the Supercarrier assets can be used in the same mission as and yet we don't have the Superhornet variants that would make up carrier groups in the time frame as. 

Maybe better timeline additions would focus on the many systems prior to. Just my thoughts. 

SA-22 was announced by ED end of 2020 if I am correct...Nearly mid-2022...and there's still nothing.
SA-5 : Just also remember how long it took before the first annoucement and the release...😉
C-RAM : During most of the Apache teasing videos , C-RAM system were observed as well...But none communication on a possible release soon.
The last new ground/AAA asset was the ZSU-57/2.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:23 PM, Razorback said:

SA-5 : Just also remember how long it took before the first annoucement and the release...😉

And bear in mind that it still doesn't have an appropriate acquisition RADAR, let alone any other battery components. Fairly sure guidance still needs tweaking too.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, Paladin1cd said:

Cool. 

But this missile entered service and is another high end SAM site from late end of DCS - 2007 is when wiki says it entered service (sorry I don't have my spyglass in front of me for a better date). When are we going to have stealth represented? The more modern threats we get the more we almost have to have it - these weapons were designed with it in mind. The F-117 was in service from 1983 - 2008 and might be flying now even according to some reports. The F-22 entered service in 2005. It is problematic to continue moving the timeline forward when we have a major issue to address on the battlefield. We have heard ECM is going to start being a thing, GREAT! That also is a HUGE part of this type of warfare. But again we are getting assets that the Supercarrier assets can be used in the same mission as and yet we don't have the Superhornet variants that would make up carrier groups in the time frame as. 

Maybe better timeline additions would focus on the many systems prior to. Just my thoughts. 

The timeline is not moving forward.

The only developer which pushed forward was heatblur with the the 2018 eurofighter.

I disagree and stand by my comments. Stealth has been hugely impactful on the timeframe of these jets. It should be embraced and not avoided. I’m looking forward to the better ecm and I assume radar work that’s being currently done. I don’t need the 17 when I’m still waiting on other robust iads and such is all I mean. Opinions are like … well you know. But mine is I want stuff that it makes sense to fly together. I find it disagreeable to have things such as APKWS but we won’t put them on other airframes because they are from a previous date. Well I get that if it requires changes to the bird but if it can be hung and fired without that, I’d like the option. More options are better and very controllable by mission editors with the awesome restriction capability in the ME now.