Supercarrier Functionality for Multiplayer

Bonz

First, I'd like to acknowledge the work done so far. As a RL ex-Navy pilot (A-7E) what you have done with the F-18C is really quite amazing. I left the Navy after four tours and was likely heading for the F-18C. The A-7E was at the end of its run. Having missed the opportunity to fly this amazing aircraft in RL, it's been a real joy to fly it here in DCS. The Supercarrier has been great so far as well. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new capability being planned. The recent addition of Night wands and ACLS with Link-4 is good but a few, well placed, changes could make a big difference. I agree with others who have suggested that providing a multiplayer option where AI comms are not needed would go a long way to making it more like RL. I know that the AirBoss station (Prifly) is in the planning stages and that a Ready Room of sorts was or is planned? The Airboss is primarily in charge of CASE I and II operations and so Prifly should have access to at Least one radio... two or three might be better. He also talks to the flight deck via the 5MC. The 5MC is a Mega-Phone (very loud) that can be heard all over the flight deck ... even while Jet engines are running. He should also have a radar feed so that he can see where aircraft are in overhead holding, the pattern, and approaching the pattern, including the Spin Pattern. He should also have a screen that lists aircraft by side number, Remarks, fuel state and minutes since the last fuel update. To accommodate CASE III, it would be nice to have CATCC which is where the Marshal Controller and the Approach and Departure controllers reside. It's located on the O-3 level just below the flight deck. CATCC would also need the list of aircraft by side number, Remarks, fuel state, and minutes since last fuel update. the Marshal controller would need a wide area radar picture that encompasses the Marshal Stack, out to beyond 50nm. The approach controller would need this same radar and also a short-range radar out to say 15 miles to cover final approach and the wave-off/bolter pattern. The departure controller would need the same two radars. CATCC would need at least 4 radios... to Monitor Marshal/departure/and conduct operations on two Approach frequencies. During CASE III operations, the LSO shares the two approach frequencies with approach controllers ... so that the pilot does not need to switch frequencies once below 5,000 feet. Input of fuel updates and other information could be entered/changed by human controllers, so, a means to enter/edit information by all controllers would be nice. 

Edited by Bonz
  • Like 6

• 10 months later...

The first iteration is spelled out above... Mostly to enhance the Multiplayer environment so that controllers have the information they need to "Control and Direct".  Great Game so Far, keep it up.

• 4 weeks later...