A friendly warning to serious simmers

This campaign is not about simulating realistic F/A-18 operations. It's all about action, and it's a bit silly. Perfect for newcomers to DCS or beginners - those who like more gamey gameplay.

Mission briefings and dialogue are full of spelling- and linguistical errors, like the consistent use of the made up word "ideolouge" where clearly the word "dialogue" is intended.

The in-game dialogue is cartoony and poorly acted - sometimes very obviously recorded without the actors knowing the context of the line spoken. Don't expect realistic military jargon or terminology.

There is constant background music - which thankfully can be turned off with radio 2 volume knob.

I appreciate the effort to create something completely different from the rest of DCS:s campaigns. The "Inverted world" is creating by dropping you into different maps for short missions, and prefacing it with a made up map where the strait of Hormuz is used as the west half of the Black Sea for instance - very cleverly done. A lot of effort has gone into the background story it seems. A shame they didn't get a native English speaker to proof-read it though.

To get around the lack of a save feature in DCS they have devised a clever feature, where a shorter mission starting in the second half of the original mission, is loaded if you die after a certain "check-point". Just don't expect the real mission state to carry over, fuel, weapon state etc. But I guess it's a nice feature, not having to re-fly the whole mission. Adds to the gamey feel.

All in all, it's not my cup of tea, although so far I enjoyed some of it. Recommended for casual players, NOT for serious simmers.

• Like 1