TSD - Threat Show rings visibilty - not yet implemented?

dmatt76
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

I was checking the TSD ->Show->THRT SHOW options, but couldn't see any difference or new symbols with VIS Shades, VIS Threats, Rings... Are they for FCR only or not implemented? Quick Guide describes them without N/I as working already....

Edited by dmatt76

• 2 months later...

On the digital map, one may add shading for various points to indicate visibility, such as targets/threats. This will shade in the digital map in different colors to indicate the visibility from those points. This would be really helpful to plan routes or battle positions.

Right now the buttons are present, but don't do anything.

Same with threat rings. They do not appear.

Edited by FalcoGer

1 hour ago, FalcoGer said:

On the digital map, one may add shading for various points to indicate visibility, such as targets/threats. This will shade in the digital map in different colors to indicate the visibility from those points. This would be really helpful to plan routes or battle positions.

Right now the buttons are present, but don't do anything.

Same with threat rings. They do not appear.

Agree on the VIS rings, but most threat rings are already in. Although it seems the non-radar threats don’t have rings programmed yet. 

1 minute ago, AvroLanc said:

Agree on the VIS rings, but most threat rings are already in. Although it seems the non-radar threats don’t have rings programmed yet. 

I popped down an SA5, SA8 and SA15 threat point, turned the rings on for Threat and ACQ and I get no rings.

10 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

I did. I see the threat markers, but no rings.

Bug report with track file here:

The SA8 and SA15 rings are definitely in. I’ve used them. Some threat systems don’t seem to have them yet. 
Dunno what else to suggest. 

Edited by AvroLanc

31 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

maybe i did something wrong. would you care to check?

Ah yeah....the rings only work for those THREATs which come from pre-planned (not set to 'hidden') in the ME. You're trying to dynamically create a threat (with rings) in game - which absolutely should work IRL - but doesn't at the moment. ED need to correct this, I think it's been acknowledged, but not sure whether planned.

Edited by AvroLanc

• 6 months later...

Any news on this? Also not talking about threat rings. I'm talking about shading the digital map in areas that are visible, either from threat points, your own aircraft, or some terrain point and an altitude set via the TSD.

This is similar to how the KA50's ABRIS displays air defense threats as colored areas depending on your altitude.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Is this planned? I'm talking about the VIS Shading feature as found in the show page.

What it does it shades areas in blue when set to own that can be seen from ownship/ghostship or from a terrain point (elevation of the point of view for that terrain point can also be set there), and it shades in areas that are visible from target/threat points in red/yellow, similar to the KA-50 ABRIS.

This is helpful for planning routes that avoid air defenses, plan battle positions and help with engagements.

• Like 1