AIM-120 is broken for months (since late 2021), and no update since then.

Archer.xd

Please explain clearly and in detail what is changed and what is expected behaviour whenever ready. Getting tired of realizing  "fixed", "improved" things in change logs just became worse after brief and simple test.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, opps said:

Please explain clearly and in detail what is changed and what is expected behaviour whenever ready. Getting tired of realizing  "fixed", "improved" things in change logs just became worse after brief and simple test.

No offense, but I am also getting tired of daily dose of AIM-120 whining. Every couple of week people swarm the forum with some other AIM issue where it looses lock.
Don't get me wrong, some of them are perfectly valid, but most of them look like an angry mob complaining why their AMRAAM is not laser-like.

• Like 4

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

3 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

No offense, but I am also getting tired of daily dose of AIM-120 whining. Every couple of week people swarm the forum with some other AIM issue where it looses lock.
Don't get me wrong, some of them are perfectly valid, but most of them look like an angry mob complaining why their AMRAAM is not laser-like.

If you feel that some of the issues expressed are valid it's probably best to refrain from injecting opinion in a bug thread so that it doesn't get off-topic. If you have anything to share that reinforces your belief you are free to contribute to the thread by supplying a track for review. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

On 5/12/2022 at 5:09 AM, BIGNEWY said:

As the topic says it is reported and the team will investigate. When we have news we will share it or a fix / tweak will be added to change logs if ready. 

thanks

What exactly did the changes they made to the amraam entail exactly, if you know?  And are we sure they all made it in as intended?

• Like 2

• ED Team
On 5/13/2022 at 1:41 AM, opps said:

I have requested we do a white paper on missile design, how and why we do what we do, etc, so its not so much hidden behind a curtain. I believe that the disconnect from what we can and will do and what we share with all of you. 

• Like 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

I have requested we do a white paper on missile design, how and why we do what we do, etc, so its not so much hidden behind a curtain. I believe that the disconnect from what we can and will do and what we share with all of you. 

Thank you, that would be very informative and useful. :thumbup:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

This is awesome news. Could ED consider doing this for radar as well? Would help us understand why some changes are made that sometimes results in discussion. Thank you!

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team
41 minutes ago, MARLAN_ said:

This is awesome news. Could ED consider doing this for radar as well? Would help us understand why some changes are made that sometimes results in discussion. Thank you!

I did request for other aspects as well. I know all this is a very difficult subject, many people are passionate and knowledgeable, as we can get stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to navigating what we know, what we don't, and what we can bluff or make as real is it might be. 

• Like 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

8 minutes ago, NineLine said:

I did request for other aspects as well. I know all this is a very difficult subject, many people are passionate and knowledgeable, as we can get stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to navigating what we know, what we don't, and what we can bluff or make as real is it might be. 

Thank you! Would be really helpful I think if it was done, either way thanks for putting in the request, appreciate it.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

14 hours ago, NineLine said:

This combined with tangible progress would be appreciated by the MP community for sure.

I’m especially eager to read about EDs mindset behind the lack of priority given to missiles and the approach to patch releases.

Overall more light shed on the direction of missile development will help dissatisfied customers make an educated decision on where they wish to invest both their time and money. 

With dwindling passion and wavering support, 

comie1

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OB 2.7.14.23966 (18.05 Latest Patch)
  - Weapons. AIM-120. Fixed tracking issues due to wrong reference range gate choice when target locked.

1st test, going to do some more later today but don't have much time atm. Close range low alt shots, can be seen in the vid and the .trk

sum: I think its still the same

2.trk

Edited by vtaf_archer
fixed font size
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Uhm... I dont belive there is nothing changed. They are still loosing the lock easily and it will only take one half of a turn. Got a single trackfile but its 9MB so cant put it in to see a short "BVR" fight. There is no need to call it BVR.  Who is testing the missiles? 🙂

Edited by Night Raid
  • Like 2

vor 7 Minuten schrieb vtaf_archer:

OB 2.7.14.23966 (18.05 Latest Patch)
  - Weapons. AIM-120. Fixed tracking issues due to wrong reference range gate choice when target locked.

1st test, going to do some more later today but don't have much time atm. Close range low alt shots, can be seen in the vid and the .trk

sum: I think its still the same

2.trk

When you think it can't get even worse.

@BIGNEWYIs it tested at all if something is changed like the Aim120 ?

Edited by Willti
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, Willti said:

When you think it can't get even worse.

@BIGNEWYIs it tested at all if something is changed like the Aim120 ?

Please before making claims add short track replay example of what you think is wrong

We will check them, but please understand, there are many experts on the internet with opinions about what a missile should do, and reality is often different.

thanks 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please before making claims add short track replay example of what you think is wrong

We will check them, but please understand, there are many experts on the internet with opinions about what a missile should do, and reality is often different.

thanks 

Hi, here is the trackfile!

easynotch01.trk

So, can ED please explain to us how a multi-milion modern fox3 should work in reality? Do you guys at Eagle Dynamics really believe that a lazy turn to the 90° should easily trash an aim120 or any other modern fox3 missile? Please, take a look at the track, i notch all the missiles until THE MERGE and kill the bandit with my gun. Why do even bother putting missiles on the airplane? 😬

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kindly reminding y'all to stay on-topic and not to break forum rules. And thanks for the support, comments and tracks.

I will continue posting tracks here, same tests and some different ones. And again inviting everyone to post tracks 🙂 

To ED : As I said in my 1st post, problem is not simply the doppler gate. It is the guidance. And it got broke after you pushed an update 1 year ago. And you don't have to be missile expert to know that a radar can distinguish a target within 1.5nm flanking hot aspect from the ground clutter. And at high altitudes, it can ignore the ground clutter at 30k MSL while target is just 5nm ahead of it.

No rants, no insulsts. We just want things to change, as I will actually stop playing and will look for other games in a month or so. Again reminding, stay on topic and post tracks people 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team

Then be patient while we look at the tracks. There is more tweaks to come, for now the range gate issue has been adjusted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So I'm glad to see progress from todays patch, whatever number you changed.... double it plz.

I hope to dear god you guys don't leave the rest of the issues for months on end..

Notching has gotten harder to do while 120 is supported however unsupported it's still pretty trash. I'm not convinced notching should be this easy still tho.

I've attached some tracks for your viewing pleasure. 

1t.trk 4.trk 6t.trk 10t.trk 12t.trk 13t.trk 17t.trk

18t.trk 19t.trk 20.trk

Edited by comie1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 59 Minuten schrieb comie1:

So I'm glad to see progress from todays patch, whatever number you changed.... double it plz.

I hope to dear god you guys don't leave the rest of the issues for months on end..

Notching has gotten harder to do while 120 is supported however unsupported it's still pretty trash. I'm not convinced notching should be this easy still tho.

I've attached some tracks for your viewing pleasure. 

1t.trk 583 kB · 0 Downloads 4.trk 633 kB · 0 Downloads 6t.trk 882 kB · 0 Downloads 10t.trk 783 kB · 0 Downloads 12t.trk 718 kB · 0 Downloads 13t.trk 786 kB · 0 Downloads 17t.trk 692 kB · 0 Downloads

18t.trk 564 kB · 0 Downloads 19t.trk 505 kB · 0 Downloads 20.trk 799 kB · 0 Downloads

I have looked at all of them.

and it showed times how important the proximity fuze would be again😅

I don't know exactly how far this is weighted, but some time ago(still) the pitbul range of AI fired missiles was different than that of players.

I hope that's the only difference and that it doesn't matter much in the end.

When they make more test they try to keep the lock, as you said there are improvements.

during my first clean tests I had to notice that it is, well compared to before significantly better when you hold the lock, even if the rocket does not always hit it at least flies in the right direction.

Notchgate without lock has not changed.

• Like 1

Two missiles in this track. Neither seemed to have any difficulty in following me. In reviewing the TRK it seems both should have, at the very, least damaged me. Both passed close aboard but neither exploded. Proximity fusing?

AIM-120 Proximity.trk

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I shot about 30 AMRAAMs today between 32nm and 20nm at MiG-29s carrying Alamo-As. PK was 100% for shots supported to active that were not kinnematically defeated.

Shots snipped at 10 seconds to active were perhaps 70% effective when not kinnematically defeated.

I'm happy with what ED has done. If / when we get longer battery life timers so we can take ~60nm shots, we will have a solid missile. Today's patch was a big step in the right direction though.

(Off topic -- the 4th Gen radars that ED has in their F-16 and Hornet are so poorly modelled at the moment, that these 25nm shots against Alamo-A fulcrums are about all we can expect to accomplish in BVR).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/