20 attempts, orbiting the valley until bingo, and I cannot make this FAC happy. Supposedly IP Bravo is a ridge with  a radio tower. I do not see a radio tower anywhere. There is a barren tan peak, highest one around, that sort of looks like the pic in the kneeboard, which if overflown will give the right attack heading of 353. Flying this heading I still get "ABORT ABORT ABORT" when I call inbound. What am I missing here? How far is IP Bravo horizontally from the target? Any reason we can't make IP Bravo a waypoint if we have to overfly it so precisely? 

Took me a while to find it, but the tower is definitely there, haven't played the mission in a while so can't remember the specifics, but it is quite easy to miss

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

11 hours ago, JethroTundra said:

20 attempts, orbiting the valley until bingo, and I cannot make this FAC happy. Supposedly IP Bravo is a ridge with  a radio tower. I do not see a radio tower anywhere. There is a barren tan peak, highest one around, that sort of looks like the pic in the kneeboard, which if overflown will give the right attack heading of 353. Flying this heading I still get "ABORT ABORT ABORT" when I call inbound. What am I missing here? How far is IP Bravo horizontally from the target? Any reason we can't make IP Bravo a waypoint if we have to overfly it so precisely? 

It's the peak just SE of WP12,  I've included a pic of it's location below, the coords can be seen at the bottom of the screen so if you want to make a waypoint and add it in then you can.  To het the cleared hot call you'll need to be in the IP zone (1.5 miles radius from the tower and on the approximate correct heading.

And remember, if you are ever struggling to ID a target, find a a visual cue or complete an element of a mission you always have the option of aborting the task, you can still complete the mission.

Mission 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...