Better Trees for Syria V2

BetterTreesSyria_v1.jpg

V2

• Min textures added.
  • Darker terrain to blend better with darker trees.
  • Default Orange tree color and normal texture were not matched.  Which caused flickers.  Fixed.
  • Darkened shrubs.

Darker Terrain

image.gif

V2 DOWNLOAD

INSTALL:  Extract into main DCS directory. OvGME or other Mod Manager recommended.

NOTES:

• Not IC Safe
  • For low flying helos, recommend using Forest Detail Factor of 1.  And reduce Visib Range to compensate if necessary.
  • For high flying jets, reduce Forest Detail Factor and increase Visib Range.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 15

Hey Taz, not sure what is going onbut this mod seems to cause a crash in a syrian campaign mission in openxr

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Hey Taz, not sure what is going onbut this mod seems to cause a crash in a syrian campaign mission in openxr

I can't imagine how a texture swap can cause campaign to crash.  But try deleting one zip file at a time (or introduce 1 zip file at a time) to see which file is causing it.

ack will give that a go tomorrow, turning in tonight!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Dang! Should I redo the BFM V2 trailer?!

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Nice work. How much effort do you think it would take to revive the Jungle textures for Caucasus ? Would it be possible to copy the tree assets from Marianas ?

ZrpyTA0.jpg

Edited by winghunter
  • Like 1

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

22 hours ago, winghunter said:

Nice work. How much effort do you think it would take to revive the Jungle textures for Caucasus ? Would it be possible to copy the tree assets from Marianas ?

ZrpyTA0.jpg

It is possible if you disable 3D trees and use billboard trees only.  Should look fine from distance but it may not look good at closeup.

If you want to see how bad it'll look close up, manually edit options.lua in Saved Games.  Set "forestDetailsFactor" to 0.  Then run the game.

This will force the trees to be billboards at all ranges.  And when they're billboards, you can pretty much put anything on it since it's just flat texture.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 2

so i have run each of the files individually and I couldn't get the crash to reoccur, and then  i ran it again with all of the files in place and it worked seamlessly back past the point at which it failed... so no idea what's going on .

Edited by speed-of-heat

3 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

so i have run each of the files individually and I couldn't get the crash to reoccur, and then  i ran it again with all of the files in place and it worked seamlessly back past the point at which it failed... so no idea what's going on .

Could be just the shaders needed to be recompiled.

• Like 3

yep i will re-run the mission tonight 😉 and hopefully i will win this time 😉

Thx Taz for your amazing work again!

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As usual: Lovely mod! Fantastic work. As a little point of constructive criticsm: THe trees do contrast quite a bit against the lighter forest texture, so there is some visible popping as they appear. Darkening the forest texture to match the shade of the trees would make it even better. Thanks anyway- great improvement:)

• Like 1

• Taz1004 changed the title to Better Trees for Syria V2

Thx for new update. Pls think (in the near future 😉 ) about SA map trees. Perhaps they will need improvements too and pretty please - can you check Marianas map? Here is a big FPS problem (stutter), ED till now didnt improved it, maybe the problem are trees/palms too? Can you resize it and do FPS friendly if the problem is here?

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/18/2022 at 4:29 AM, YoYo said:

Thx for new update. Pls think (in the near future 😉 ) about SA map trees. Perhaps they will need improvements too and pretty please - can you check Marianas map? Here is a big FPS problem (stutter), ED till now didnt improved it, maybe the problem are trees/palms too? Can you resize it and do FPS friendly if the problem is here?

What's SA map?  I'm planning to do Mariana next and then Persian Gulf.  I don't have any other maps and don't planning on buying any more so if I decide to do any other, maybe I'll just have to do it with 2 week trial.

• Like 3