Pitching Deck

joojoo

17 hours ago, joojoo said:

Thanx for the reply, direction of the wind makes any sense?

Your carrier have to sail headwind for the recovery. In this state, it will navigate against the wave, so pitching up and down.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:49 PM, joojoo said:

Thanx for the reply, direction of the wind makes any sense?

You must have a 30 kts headwind over the landing area for recoveries  (landing area is 9º deviated from the bow heading). Aircraft carriers chase the wind many times during recoveries or carrier ops.

I usually set the boat to 25kts and headwind over landing area of 5kts. Play with both numbers in Mission Editor as long you have 30kts of headwind.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've set 13 kts for wind at ground, then for carrier traveling upwind 25 kts, and pitching is barely noticeable to none. LSO's display shows up to 0.1 on both axles.
null

image.png

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, Amarok_73 said:

I've set 13 kts for wind at ground, then for carrier traveling upwind 25 kts, and pitching is barely noticeable to none. LSO's display shows up to 0.1 on both axles.
null

image.png

I think you might be confusing wind over deck with the weather conditions. You could set up the carrier for 40 knots, with completely calm wind and have 40 knots of wind over the deck. But the seas would be completely calm. In order for the swells to create a pitching deck, the atmospheric wind needs to be about 40 knots plus. 

• Like 1

@Micr0 Indeed, at 40 kts the deck pitching is satisfactory. But then for the rest of planes, especially the ones that have to land cross wind, ESPECIALLY F-16s and for helicopters such conditions are quite harsh not to say impossible.
Pity that there's no separate parameter like "Sea state" that would make it possible to tune down the wind a bit, keeping the waves high.

• Like 4

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.