Need some help with Cyrillic

Aeyes

Hi all, I have a request for those of you that can read cyrillic.

In the MiG-29 there are 5 annunciators (warning lights) at the frontright panel at 1 o'clock that I would like to know of what they mean.

It shows the words: MACnO left, MACnO right and MACnO KCA.

And in green: TPNMMEP P.H. and TPNMMEP 3nEPOH

See the attached picture.

MACNO.jpg

Thanks in advance for yr help!

Aeyes

In latin:

4 – MASPO LEV

8 – MASPO PRAV

5 – MASPO KSA

14 – TRIMMER ZLERON

13 – TRIMMER R.N.

4,8,5) "MASLO", not "MASPO", it's Л, not П. :)

14)"Eleron", not "Zleron".

4,8,5,14 - already translated by Lobolopez220.

13 - "RN" - "РН" - "руль направления" - AFAIR, "rudder" in English.

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

Sorry Lemon, it is probably the pic. I see З not Э... so i traslitarate Z instead of E.

Thanks!

No problem. :)

КСА - "коробка самолетных агрегатов" ("Korobka Samolyotnykh Agregatov"). Now I'm trying to translate it into English, but I think it will be better if you ask to do it somebody who

1) Better knows the structure of the plane

2) Better knows English

сфсвсг

Can it help you?

http://www.airshow.ru/expo/604/prod_69_r.htm

It seems to be an article about the RD-33

Thanks. From "Klimov's works" site, if you know russian, you can read the detailed description:
Коробки самолетных агрегатов (КСА) представляют собой многофункциональные приводные

комплексы (энергоблоки), оснащенные турбостартерами, генераторами переменного и постоянного тока, плунжерными и центробежными насосами. КСА предназначены для передачи вращательного движения от коробки двигательных агрегатов (КДА) на самолетные агрегаты при работе основных двигателей (РД-33), от газотурбинных двигателей ГТДЭ-117 (ВК-100) на самолетные агрегаты и КДА при запуске основных двигателей. КСА также обеспечивают функционирование на земле и в воздухе всех электрических и гидравлических систем самолета.

If not, i'll try to explain it.

"КСА" ("KSA" in latin, word for word translation: "Plane's devices box" or "Plane's aggregates box") is system, what transmits rotatory movement from engine to other devices in plane if engines are turned on (for their (other devices) work) and from outside sources (for example, gas turbine engine ГТДЭ-117 (GTDE-117), which is located on the service car, (look the article earlier)) to plane's engines if it turned off (for start of engines).

KSA also ensures the functioning of hydrosystems and electric systems of the plane.

• Like 1

сфсвсг

Pleasure, just to add to the good explanation that Lemon Lime has given about the KSA after having a look on the internet I think it could also be translated as a "geared reducer".

Lobo

Nope - the best translation is Aircraft Accessory Gearbox. Because everithing not engine related is mounted on it (in contrast with the engine's accessories, which are mounted on the two KDA's). DC generator, AC generator with it's constant speed hydraulic transmission, main and booster hydraulic pumps, and the GTDE-117 gas turbine is also mounted on the KSA, and not on the ground start unit. The KSA is full of gears, and electrohydraulic clutches, for distributing power to/from engines, generators and pumps.

Octav

Pleasure, just to add to the good explanation that Lemon Lime has given about the KSA after having a look on the internet I think it could also be translated as a "geared reducer".

Lobo

Nope - the best translation is Aircraft Accessory Gearbox. Because everithing not engine related is mounted on it (in contrast with the engine's accessories, which are mounted on the two KDA's). DC generator, AC generator with it's constant speed hydraulic transmission, main and booster hydraulic pumps, and the GTDE-117 gas turbine is also mounted on the KSA, and not on the ground start unit. The KSA is full of gears, and electrohydraulic clutches, for distributing power to/from engines, generators and pumps.

Octav

I stand corrected. I would assume though that it would at some point need to include a reducer as if the KSA transfers rotational energy between the engines, generators and pumps they probably do not all operate at the same rpm or am I understanding this wrong ??

I stand corrected. I would assume though that it would at some point need to include a reducer as if the KSA transfers rotational energy between the engines, generators and pumps they probably do not all operate at the same rpm or am I understanding this wrong ??

No, you're right - there are a lot of gears inside, mostly reducing the engine speed - that's why it's called accessory gearbox.

Octav

and the GTDE-117 gas turbine is also mounted on the KSA, and not on the ground start unit.
Yes, I was mistaken. I'm sorry. :)

сфсвсг

• 3 weeks later...

Some more help please

Thanks everyone for the great help!

I have one more question re the MiG-29 annunciator lights.

The afterburner lits up 2 warninglights for the left and right engines.

LH ENG reheat(AB) and RH ENG reheat(AB). Does anyone know what it says in Cyrillic in the MiG-29 ?

I know the SU-27 uses 'forsazh', but I expect the MiG-29 to have something else. My Lomac version doesnt display cyrillic warning lights but in english...

It says "Форсаж ЛЕВ" и "Форсаж ПРАВ" if not mistaken. Sorry, have no LoMac at this moment, only screenshots.

"Форсаж ЛЕВ" = "Forsazh LEV"

"Форсаж ПРАВ" = "Forsazh PRAV"

With best regards, Albert R. Valiev

----

Oculus Rift S, i7-8700, RTX-2070, 32Gb RAM, M2 SSD (X4 PCI-E mode).

is this Aeyes the guy who makes the amazing SuperPits for F4 ??

And are you now making them for lockon ? :)

Hi there,

Well I have been looking at a Lockon pit lately, they are pretty nice already.

Not sure how my pits would fit in, but it is not an impossibility. Am doing a MiG-29 for F4 currently, great plane and pit. :wink:

Fuel panel MiG-29

For modelling a full rampstart I have currently arrived at the fuel panel.

Apologies for the large size pic, but that way it would be best readable.

I am primarely looking for a Master fuel switch and a Engine fuel feed switch, but similar to these would be nice too:

fuelpanel.jpg