Need some help with Cyrillic

Aeyes

Doesn't look like a startup panel but rather some emergency fuel and engine controls. Note that most of them are wired shut and probably never used. Roughly:

1. Drop wing tanks

2. Emergency accumulator (?) - left, right

3. Accumulate (position label of switch number 2?)

4. "Left cover" (?)

5. Accessory box fire extinguisher (left, right)

6. "Right cover" (?)

7. Closed (position label of switch number 4)

8. Closed (position label of switch number 6)

9. Afterburner

10. Release into air, left/right

11. Emergency shutdown (position label of switch number 9)

12. Emergency generator shutdown

Interesting photos, where did you take these?

-SK

Doesn't look like a startup panel but rather some emergency fuel and engine controls. Note that most of them are wired shut and probably never used. Roughly:

1. Drop wing tanks

2. Emergency accumulator (?) - left, right

3. Accumulate (position label of switch number 2?)

4. "Left cover" (?)

5. Accessory box fire extinguisher (left, right)

6. "Right cover" (?)

7. Closed (position label of switch number 4)

8. Closed (position label of switch number 6)

9. Afterburner

10. Release into air, left/right

11. Emergency shutdown (position label of switch number 9)

12. Emergency generator shutdown

Interesting photos, where did you take these?

-SK

These pics come from a Slowakian MiG-29, see the gallery for a preview at http://www.cockpits.nl

Thanks for the info re this panel, really helpful. now I have to start looking elsewhere in the pit for master fuel/engine feed , so if anyone knows how/where...

Engine start controls are normally on the right, near the circuit breakers and radar channel selector. But in your screenshot gallery I can only see the circuit breaker switches - the radar channel and engine start panels are replaced by some big black new panel I can't read. You sure this isn't a customized German variant?

-SK

Engine start controls are normally on the right, near the circuit breakers and radar channel selector. But in your screenshot gallery I can only see the circuit breaker switches - the radar channel and engine start panels are replaced by some big black new panel I can't read. You sure this isn't a customized German variant?

-SK

Hi,

You are right, the engine start panel is moved forward directly right of the righ knee. I have the functionality of the engine start, also have the translated Dash manual, but lack the part where you tell the plane to start sucking up fuel and assumed it would be on the fuel panel at the left.

The big 'black' panel in this Slowak AC is for IFF and Tacan channels and this panel is in english. The rest of the pane is in cyrillic though unlike the German variants which have more translated panels.

So I will continue to look for that fuel stuff ;)

The fuel problem is solved, apparently after enabling the Fuel pump the rest is automated upon starting the engines, similar to the SU-27 startup procedure.

Now have arrived at the external lights:

EXTlightspanel.jpg

Looking at these turning knobs and the text, would it be so that the text changes here when turning a knob? would that seem logic according to what it says here and what would it probably say if so?

Looking at these turning knobs and the text, would it be so that the text changes here when turning a knob? would that seem logic according to what it says here and what would it probably say if so?

These labels appear fixed to me.

1. "Signals brighter" (turn clockwise to make brighter)

2. "Control Lamp" (beacon?)

3. "ANO Problem" (?)

4. "Off" (looks like a 4-way switch with 3)

5. "Floodlight"

6. Clockwise on, CCW off.

-SK

Thanks a lot for the info! Really appreciate the help you guys give sofar, hope it isnt asking too much.

Am I right that the above panel is for external lights? Because it seems more for internal lights, like the lamp test and floodlight for example.

Or is this panel below for exernal lights instead and the above for internal lights ?

INTlightspanel.jpg

That last one seems to be internal lights, the previous external.

1. Illumination

2. (something) Brighter

3. Illumination of the map/card

4. Panels brighter

5. Instruments brighter

You might want to post a link to these questions in the Russian forum, my language skill is pretty poor. :oops:

-SK

• 1 month later...

1) РИ... - ?речевой инфораматор? - may be it is computer voice, Betty :) (I don't know the exact translation)

ПРОВЕР. - проверка - check, test

ПО... - ?

2)АМ - AM :)

3)ЧМ - FM (Position of 2)

4)ОПОЗН. РСБН - Identify РСБН (it means identify РСБН's beacon)

РСБН is Radio system of the short-range navigation

5)APK channels

APK is automatic radio compass

6)7)8)9)I don't know

10)It's two labels,

first - ГРОМК. - громкость - volume; for the regulator

second - РАМКА - frame; for the button

11)КОРР - ?коррекция? - may be it correction

12)GPS

13)ABT. - automatic

14)РСБН, look 4)

15)Indication or indicator

16)APK, look 5)

17)May be, navigation system

18)РСБН, look 4), VOR (look Google :) )

16)GPS

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

• ED Team

To Aeyes.

Very interesting photos of MiG-29 panels. ;)

Which one of MiG-29 modifications is it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Excellent thread.

I've been scratching my head in the past few days, trying to find a good source of the Su-27 cocpit photos, and also their translation. It's a much harder job than I thought. I've borrowed a book called "Su-27 Sukhoi Superfighter flanker", by Lake, Jon. It contains a few photos of the cockpit, and the letters on them are barely readable.

Aeyes, if you are interested, I can send you some of the photos that I scanned, but they are about 10MB per shot. Though I guess you have a better source with such kind of information, would you be able to share it?

To Aeyes.

Very interesting photos of MiG-29 panels. ;)

Which one of MiG-29 modifications is it?

Hi Olgerd,

Sorry for the late reply, this time the forum didnt send me a notification when someone posted a reply, so hence the lateness coming back.

Thanks all for helping !

The pics come from a Slowak MiG-29, in Russian except for the Navigation and Radiochannels these are in english and are western made, funny mix though of these panels. Currently in service.

Aeyes,

http://www.fabulousfulcrums.de/index_e.html

You may find this link helpful, since the cockpit shown is in English.

Thanks OO, I know the Fulcrum site of the german JG73, and it indeed has helped me a bit in the past. I also have a fully documented translation of the MiG-29 manual, the puzzle starts to get to find out what description belongs to what panels and switches/buttons. Slowly but surely I am getting through the complexity of this planes avionics. ;)

I also have a fully documented translation of the MiG-29 manual,

You mean you have a translated manual?!! Where where??!!

I do have a russian MiG-29 manual in PDF format downloaded from....I forgot where.

A Total of 149 pages, written in Russian. It seems to come from ages ago, the paper has gone yellow, with letters from a typing machine and hand drawn figures...Let me know if you are interested.

But I would prefer to have a Su-27 or Su-33 manual since I am working on them instead.

I do have a russian MiG-29 manual in PDF format downloaded from....I forgot where.

A Total of 149 pages, written in Russian. It seems to come from ages ago, the paper has gone yellow, with letters from a typing machine and hand drawn figures...Let me know if you are interested.

But I would prefer to have a Su-27 or Su-33 manual since I am working on them instead.

The MiG-29 manual is a declassified flightmanual by Alan R.Wise, published by Schiffer, a really well done manual. Google on it and u will find it.

The Russian PDF manual I have already ;) Looks really old indeed.

I am a manual hunter, but a SU-27/33 manual I havent seen yet.

Ah - the Su27 flight manual was released pretty recently. I've got it, in Russian, in a series of zipped jpegs, but the host I got it from dropped offline . . . . . if you can't find it then PM me and I'll try and get my copy to you.

Think it was the Su27SK . . . .

Not seen an Su33 manual - a translated version of that would be my personal equivalent of the Holy Grail :)