Best Practice / Correct method for multiple administrators on a 24/7 dedicated server

Hi,

I was just wondering what method I should be using if I want to create a 24/7 multiplayer server but have multiple individuals be able to administer the server itself.

From what I can tell - only one account can be used/assigned to the dedicated server and it's not possible to assign other administrators based on their DCS accounts? (Please let me know if this is not the case and how to assign multiple administrators)

Alternatively if this is correct - is there a way of handling this. One thought I had was to create another DCS account dedicated for each server and give all individuals the login credentials for this, but I'm not sure if this would break the terms and conditions for creating an account with DCS and/or whether it could open up additional problems and was just wondering what is the best option in this situation? 

Cheers

DZ

• Like 1

It's not possible to have a group of administrators, the ED hosted WebGui is linked only to the account that runs the server instances, and since you should not share this account becouse I guess you'll brake the terms of service, you have just two options:

1) Create a dedicated windows user with limited "power" to run your DCS servers, and share RDP or any other remote control protocol access with other administrators, of course with all the standard practices, so with a firewall enable only IP of your admins etc.....
2) Use SLMOD ( what I personally use ). My Admins works with SLMOD to manage stuff like kick,ban,load and reload missions, and I've created an FTP server jailrooted into the SLMOD mission folder to enable them to upload new .miz when needed. Simple and effective, they don't need any extra access to control machine or anything on the account.

I hope it will help with your setup.
Fly Safe!

• Thanks 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!